Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again, I found a unit nearby that a guy traded for and didnt like trail riding after all. He said that it came with aftermarket products, but is a novice like me and isnt sure what's what. Can you folks tell me what you see? Thanks. It's a 2019 model and he is asking $18500.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
67 Posts
The wheels look really offset. over fenders, mirrors, lightbar, trunk, stereo, soft back windshield, pod lights on cage, turn signals, windshield, tree kickers, rear bumper, skid plates, cage intrusion bar, winch, front bumper.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
916 Posts
It looks like it has wheel spacers.

·
Registered
956 Posts
The wheel offsets look way off and I agree that there are probably spacers in there too. That alone probably ruined the handling and confidence factor.

·
Registered
956 Posts
If you are driving something that does not respond predictable to your inputs, then you have no confidence to push the machine aggressively. I suspect the bump steer and response to whoops could be unsettling with the cheesy mods made.

Reactions: RealtreeYXZ

·
Registered
67 Posts
Whenever I buy something that has mods and aftermarket parts...I try and get all the stock parts as well to return to stock.

·
Registered
345 Posts
massive wheel spacers. id remove those asap.
stereo, windshield, light bar and pods, a-arm guards, winch bumper and winch, rear facing lights maybe wired into brakes or running lights? wheels and tires too, nerfs/sliders, mud buster fenders, GYTR trunk, looks like full belly skids, rear bumper, some other accessory lighting

seems like a few grand in dealer accessories, nothing that would add any real value IMO. price seems a tad high depending on the hours and miles, but the car looks clean. its a sport shift so take that into consideration

id say its more of a 16k car but the market where i live is different so maybe thats good for the area

stock cage, stock seats, stock harnesses, no performance upgrades. id say those are the only items that would add real value IMO

·
Registered
493 Posts
Options are only worth something if you would want them. This one has quite a few I would want but the big speakers are a huge red flag for me. Kids want them and own them and they usally thrash and abuse their stuff, so I just pass. Kids think it's cool to shift at the redline all the time because "it's made to do that"

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I see your point, but I'm guessing the speakers are popular with some adults too. The sound systems on some adult owned wakeboard boats around here are wild......lol
I am going to wait and see if the price comes down more. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
916 Posts
Don't forget that the wheel spacers could have damaged or at least put premature wear on wheel bearings and suspension components if they ran them for very and or very hard.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Don't forget that the wheel spacers could have damaged or at least put premature wear on wheel bearings and suspension components if they ran them for very and or very hard.
Unfortunately, the current owner got it from a bike shop and knows nothing about its history. I think that the car had about 1500 miles on it.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
916 Posts
Unfortunately, the current owner got it from a bike shop and knows nothing about its history. I think that the car had about 1500 miles on it.
All I'm saying is if were me, I would factor that into the price I was willing to pay.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Also a stereo on the YXZ is pretty silly, trust me I have one. The X2 stereo is awesome because the machine is so quiet and you can hear it all the time. The Rmax stereo was worth it when I changed the clutch weights to lower the engine noise.

The YXZ on the other hand I removed the stereo. You could only hear it at low engine RPM and I value my hearing lol

Reactions: leadmic

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
916 Posts
If you want to listen to music in a YXZ get an intercom system. Or just get a full exhaust and tune and listen to that sweet triple doing work!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts