Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went over my entire machine today specifically the shocks. My rebound in the rear left was 15 clicks out, rear right was 10 clicks out. Front right rebound was 4 clicks more out than left. High speed and low speed setting were all over the place, that was another story. I checked everything except the springs. Tomorrow I will jack it up n check the springs.

After I adjusted the suspension it went from a Cadillac to a Mercedes S550. EVERYTHING else in MY machine works perfect, I have zero complaints and love it more and more every time I drive it. Matter a fact I'm going to stop writing so I can go on a night ride.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Funny how everyone was bragging about yamaha quality control before these were released. Now we see it's just like any other brand. Loose bolts and shocks setup wrong, even seen a couple leakers

·
Registered
329 Posts
Funny how everyone was bragging about yamaha quality control before these were released. Now we see it's just like any other brand. Loose bolts and shocks setup wrong, even seen a couple leakers
Please go back to your other forums. You do not own one and obviously are just here to talk trash.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Are you suggesting that since there are some loose bolts etc that it makes the YXZ on par with other brands in terms of dependability? Long term reliability will only be determined with many more miles ridden. But I do know this for a fact= my Polaris Rzr XP 1K that has 4800 miles on it is NOT dependable. By any stretch of the imagination!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can guarantee that even with the suspension settings all over the place it will out handle ANY other UTV out there, bring your rzr or can am and will test it out. Loose bolts are not from yamaha, thats a dealer issue because I don't have a single noise or loose bolt in mine. Even if you buy a Ferrari for a half a million dollars you will always find some type of issue. If loose bolts and wrong suspension settings are the only problems these machines are having Id say its a success for yamaha compared to all the blown rzrs out there.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just jealous that's all, that y they make the posts, probably still riding a 230 quadsport lol keep hating and those of us who OWN them will keep loving them... Happy riding

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Just jealous that's all, that y they make the posts, probably still riding a 230 quadsport lol keep hating and those of us who OWN them will keep loving them... Happy riding
That's exactly right. They need to put another brand down in order to stay satisfied with their brand

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I too am surprised at how many people are Eager to jump on this machine. There are already several posts on both Rzr and Maverick forums saying the clutches are junk and you will definitely have to rebuild you clutch more often than replacing a belt.
LoL

·
Registered
182 Posts
I too am surprised at how many people are Eager to jump on this machine. There are already several posts on both Rzr and Maverick forums saying the clutches are junk and you will definitely have to rebuild you clutch more often than replacing a belt.
LoL
I've heard of 2 clutch problems and we don't know the cause yet.

·
Registered
537 Posts
LoL
Thats just desperation

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LoL
They are just trying to make themselves feel better about not being able to bang gears and only having 2 cylinders hahaha. Let my clutch wear out, ill just go buy another and keep banging gears. At least we won't have our belts breaking in the middle of a ride.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
It will take time before anyone really knows the weakness' of this machine. There is no way anyone can know what they are at this point, plain and simple. My money is on this Yamaha being a very reliable monster. There will always be some things that come up and it's very difficult to distinguish the difference between the posted problem and true reality. IMO Yamaha has a solid reputation for building quality and I don't see any reason for them to change thier strategy with this vehicle. There will also always be haters and that won't change, so they can live in fantasyland if they want.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I think as a platform to build upon the Yami is going to shine over the others, especially when the aftermarket catches up.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The haters are really grasping, obviously no offroad machine that gets the piss beat out of it is going to be unbreakable. they just need to think back on when the 2014 rzr 1k came out, all the problems that unit had right out the gate.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I made this thread so ACTUAL YXZ OWNERS can double check there machines. If we wanted to pick apart the competition we can Make a much larger thread. I have many mad things to say about the competition but I'm not on here to knock the competition I'm only here to advise my fellow yxz OWNERS not DREAMERS

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
My shock settings were all over the place on delivery and it was actually and handful on the trail because they were so far off. Once I got them set it was much better, still needs work to get the rear tamed though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts