Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Right on. I hear ya on filler neck issue. Any manufacturer/model/engine combo one should try to avoid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Right on. I hear ya on filler neck issue. Any manufacturer/model/engine combo one should try to avoid?

Based on experience: others may vary.
SuperC
Gulfstream- top end build quality.
Thor/Forest River - particle board palace...
Seneca - mixed bag
Class A chassis:
Gillig, Spartan, Dynomax - top end
Freightliner- depends on how it was speced out.
Drive train
Cummins - Duramax - Cat - Allison all great.
Max force = not great

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just sold my 98 33' class A gasser, it was a great motorhome but we decided to upgrade to get more interior room. I towed a 20' enclosed trailer with a sandrail and quad no issues. I did have trailer brakes, all 4 trailer tires, and load distribution hitch.

We now have a 40' Country coach with dual slides, lap of luxury compared to the old coach.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was just looking at mine this morning trying to figure out what to get as far as a trailer (cargo or flat). I have a 2005 workhorse w22 with 8.1 liter and double slides my gvw is 22000lbs. gcw is 26000lbs. but loaded up it only weighs 20000lbs. so I figure if I upgrade my hitch from a 5000tow/500tongue to a bigger one I can tow 6000lbs. Is my thinking correct? If so you could do something similar?
Your Allison transmission is the holdup, not the chassis, brakes or anything else. Go onto the Allison website and look up your model with towing specs. I had an Adventure with the 496, workhorse, allison, etc and the trans was the weak link. Very expensive to re-build. Winnebago uses it as leverage to upset you into a Diesel.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Anyone pulling 6k+ with a gasser class A? Lookin to pick up a Newmar bay star with V10 but all of their gassers are only rated at 5k. Lookin for options without totally exceeding manufactures capacities or my budget. Would like to haul 20’ enclosed trailer with SxS and Harley or 2 SxS which will put me at about 6500 with gear in trailer.

Mine is a 2001 33' Tropical with V10 and I'm sure it has every bit of 6k on the trailer. My 20' trailer has a YXZ, RS1, 250SX dirt bike, Quad, gas cans, spares, etc. It pulls it all just fine. I didn't notice any real change when I added the RS1 to the trailer. I think all of them are rated 5k

21 - 26 of 26 Posts