Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long day of riding the yxz, what do you use to clean the yxz? a cleaner that cleans plastic, wheels & seats?

·
Super Moderator
2018 YXZ SE, CageWRX cage, 2019 Gears, Rekluse Clutch, Heavyweight Flywheel, RR Intercom & Radio
309 Posts
I found Simple Green HD with a cup full of laundry detergent in a 1 gallon sprayer.

Hose off the big stuff, wet everything down.

Spray with the soap mix. Rinse with a low pressure pressure washer.

Anything left? spray again, wash with a microfiber cloth in a Dawn detergent water mix. Repeat pressure washer rinse.

Add Mothers Back to Black after drying. Use on plastic windshield too. Colors look nice and next time out mud won't stick.

But, thats just me.

Nate

Reactions: EddieCas

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found Simple Green HD with a cup full of laundry detergent in a 1 gallon sprayer.

Hose off the big stuff, wet everything down.

Spray with the soap mix. Rinse with a low pressure pressure washer.

Anything left? spray again, wash with a microfiber cloth in a Dawn detergent water mix. Repeat pressure washer rinse.

Add Mothers Back to Black after drying. Use on plastic windshield too. Colors look nice and next time out mud won't stick.

But, thats just me.

Nate
Yes i use simple green as well & dilute with hot water. thanks for the input

·
Super Moderator
2018 YXZ SE, CageWRX cage, 2019 Gears, Rekluse Clutch, Heavyweight Flywheel, RR Intercom & Radio
309 Posts
Just be cautious with regular simple green on aluminum.

Simple green HD has proven safe on both stainless and aluminum.

Just don't let them sit on either for too long.

Big thing, as @Dozer370 pointed out. Foam is the key to get the schmidt off.

Nate

·
Super Moderator
309 Posts
Tried something stupid SURPRISE

So, over the weekend went riding up Nort with @Ripsnort19 . SWMBO Really didn't hit the mud too much, just enough to make sure I had some to clean off when we got home.

So, I let it bake in the sun for a day before I got to cleaning it.

Quick search of the shop and, nope. Out of Simple Green HD. Only thing I could find was an old bottle of Lavender Foaming Bubble Bath. Figured.. WTF, why not.

Surprisingly it cleaned all the mud right off.

Bottom line, its more about the foam and bubbles that helps pull the mud off. It really didn't do much for the grease, etc. really didn't expect it too.

I should note I used my Tooly foam cannon and a 40* spray nozzle on 2050 psi pressure washer

Oh, and next time we go riding the lavender should have a soothing effect! ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
309 Posts
Finally have a pretty good "Before and After".

This took 2 hours (?) Start to finish.

1:3 Simply Green HD with Tooly foam cannon.

Rinse with 40* nozzle on pressure washer.

Dry with micro fiber clothe

Wipe down with Mothers back to black.

Reactions: roofintrash

·
Registered
50 Posts
What light bar and mount do you have (on front bumper)?and what are those pieces in the front wheel wells ? mud guard ?

·
Super Moderator
309 Posts
The lightbar is a cheap one off Amazon. IIRC its a 7" Nilight that cost $15. I went cheap thinking it would get destroyed. But surprisingly its lasted a couple years without damage.

The mount is two AA Mfg light bar tabs welded on the bumper. IIRC they were $3.00 for the pair.

The splash guards are off ebay. They came as part of the radiator protection set that matinatl sells. They do a pretty awesome job of keeping the mud out of the footwell. They cover the seam from the rad guard to the opening along the door edge. There is another piece that completely covers the door edge, but I was too lazy to bother with it, and this does an excellent job of keeping the mud out without it.

Nate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts