Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you guys are driving around slow and get on and off the gas quick do you here a clunking noise ?
I don't know if it has always done it or if i just discovered it doing it.
Every thing works fine just sounds weird.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
199 Posts
When you guys are driving around slow and get on and off the gas quick do you here a clunking noise ?
I don't know if it has always done it or if i just discovered it doing it.
Every thing works fine just sounds weird.

Thanks for your input.
The first time i heard the clunking noise I stopped and thought the transmission fell out. There have been plenty of information about the causes, but the end result is Drive fast and enjoy shifting. its normal.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Moved to Drivetrain.

After I went to the Barnett clutch setup the "clunking" from loading and unloading the driveline all but went away.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Moved to Drivetrain.

After I went to the Barnett clutch setup the "clunking" from loading and unloading the driveline all but went away.
That is interesting, did anyone have an idea why the difference in the clutch packs and Pressure plate would make a difference in the clunking. I would have thought that was just the gears and the way they are cut.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
That is interesting, did anyone have an idea why the difference in the clutch packs and Pressure plate would make a difference in the clunking. I would have thought that was just the gears and the way they are cut.
I still get a "clunk" when I shift just not all the clunk from the drivline loading, gear whine is still quite present.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I still get a "clunk" when I shift just not all the clunk from the drivline loading, gear whine is still quite present.
Thanks for the info. I need to change oil in transmission very soon. If it looked contaminated in the least i was contemplating going to Barnett set up especially since I installed the turbo. Better safe then parked for the week

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. I need to change oil in transmission very soon. If it looked contaminated in the least i was contemplating going to Barnett set up especially since I installed the turbo. Better safe then parked for the week
I just changed my trans oil today . looked ok . And i have beat it for 220 miles .
The noise I'm referring to sounds like a bad u-joint . oh well if there is a weak link i'll find it. The stock clutch is holding up great with the turbo.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Watch the last 3 minutes of this video. This was after the Barnett conversion, I'm on an off the throttle hard and there is no clunking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts