Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out in Ocotillo yesterday for some fun-- A couple friends of mine were breaking in their new toys so there wasn't anything crazy going on, just regular riding when all of the sudden I lost speed, but the rpm were still revving. My clutch was still functioning, I could shift into gears, but when I'd accelerate, the engine would go, but the machine wouldn't. I have ran into something similar before with a motorcycle and it was the clutch pack adjustment-- I can't seem to find it on this machine-- So its off to my dealer this morn-- I leave Thursday morn for a 4 day dune trip to Glamis and I hope to hell its just out of adjustment and not screwed-- We all know that there isn't any parts for these things yet--
Crossing my fingers on this one!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Good luck with this, and please keep us informed as to what the issue was. Sounds like a great excuse to install the Rekluse while they're in there!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm far from an expert but it sounds like a linkage or engagement issue so hopefully it's something fairly simple, sorry to hear that. Let us know how it turns out!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Sounds like a broken clutch disc plate. Probably a broken fiber disc.

·
Registered
582 Posts
There is no adjustment on the stock packs. The clutch should be readily available as its from a 1679cc V-Max supposedly.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Thats true if it has been leaking.
Hydraulic clutches normally do not have adjustments. If it slipping it's a clutch problem. If it had air in the hydraulic system the clutch would stay engaged and not release. On most cars, hydraulic clutch system are usually self adjusting.

Reactions: McKay

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome-- I go from a shitty belt drive to now burning up a clutch or worse, and doing it while driving at 40 mph and not shifting-- If they cant get the parts my mind will explode-- I vaguely remember all of us leaving popo because of reliability issues-- I hope this isnt a big deal---- Ive been driving clutched vehicles my entire life-- motorcycles, quads, buggys, etc.. Super bummed.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ride flat deset riding-- just heard from my dealer-- clutch amd clutch plate are toast-- how-- nobody knows-- and to make matters even better Yamaha wont cover it-- and all parts are on backorder--
Im on the phone with Yamaha rep right now letting him know my displeasure- Not only am I out a machine for my family trip to Glamis, now Im out money after 346 miles..Im listing it and going back to a belt drive-- so fucking pist.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Now this has me rethinking a turbo for a while. Hopefully an aftermarket company like Barnett comes out with a stronger clutch pack and springs before we all start smoking these clutches .

Reactions: jfulps
1 - 20 of 116 Posts