Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 yxz ss se
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Is there a way to clutch-kick the SS models? I have a 21, if it matters.

Coming from sport quads, being able to clutch kick is pretty handy, especially given the poor turning radius of the yxz. I thought maybe pulling both paddles would essentially allow me to do this but it didn't work the one time I tried. I may have not done it properly, but I didn't want to keep trying and screw something up if it isn't meant to work like that.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Yes, its an easy process but need to do it in order to work properly.
1) press brake
2) pull both SS paddles back
3) once clutch engagement dummy light stays solid ....will flash when SS paddles are pulled.
4) rev to desired RPM
5) release paddles and zoom you go.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I think you want a 3 pedal.

·
Registered
2021 yxz ss se
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Crap, I thought I read or heard somewhere about being able to do this with the ss by pulling the paddles to disengage the clutch. Fack. This thing just got a bit harder to manage haha.

Do you mean slipping the clutch?
Think of a drift car needing to get rear rotation without losing speed or the line, while turning or about to turn. Same theory with this. It's a bit more aggressive than slipping the clutch, but might be the same thing, semantically.

It would help immensely to get rpms back up without shifting and also getting this wale to turn hairpins.

The only way to get that rotation as of now is to just floor it and turn, which is way more problematic than a simple clutch kick to break the tires loose and get the rear out.

I'll give this one fully to the wife and buy a 3 pedal (when I win the lottery)

Thanks for the input, everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts