Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the alba heavy hitter flywheel, looking on getting the rekluse and gytr gear reduction. Doing alot of trails, hills, and deep ruts... Just want to make sure my clutch is solid and I got the right dog for the fight... Any suggestions are welcome!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Rekluse auto clutch, or manual clutch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Tubeworks clutch mod

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Rekluse is the bomb. TW clutch mod is a must have.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Rekluse with manual clutch.... Can you still rev to high rpm and dump the clutch with the rekluse?
Yes, just push in the clutch pedal to override it and then dump it as you would normally.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Absolute must have on the TW Clutch Mod. I already had the Rekluse from early on, so I can't comment on how necessary it would be with the GYTR gear reduction. Rekluse will complement & enhance the GYTR geared machine for the trails you plan to drive.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just got the alba heavy hitter flywheel, looking on getting the rekluse and gytr gear reduction. Doing alot of trails, hills, and deep ruts... Just want to make sure my clutch is solid and I got the right dog for the fight... Any suggestions are welcome!
Stock flywheel here, 70/30 gear reduction and alba racing 6 spring clutch upgrade here. I wouldn't change it for anything. I debated the rekluse, due to the type of riding I do. However, after returning from a recent Hatfields trip, I'm glad I stayed stock in that sense. I was worried about getting stopped on super steep hills and having a hard time getting the machine going again without stalling or rolling backwards over a huge hill. Let me tell you the handbrake is your friend here and she works great.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
The clutch is weak when trying to go slow, rock crawl start on steep hills etc with stock gearing. I have had the stock clutch with the following: 1.heavy flywheel on stock tires 2. heavy flywheel w/ GYTR gear reduction and stock tires 3. heavy flywheel w/ GYTR gear reduction, 32in tires 4. stock flywheel w/ gear reduction, 32in tires. I don't have plans to upgrade the clutch. In my experience, with the way I drive it is sufficient for me. I've tried to setup my ride on a budget. For example i skipped the 15% 5th that was 500.00 extra at the time and used the money for the tires. If i felt worried about the clutch I would find a way to "budget" the upgrade but I don't feel it is necessary. Of course I could burn it up tomorrow but I haven't had any close calls yet. For the money it seems that gear reduction would be the next best mod to do. I have no experience with the rekluse.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Clutch mod is not necessary but I would highly recommend it as it lubes the clutch plate much better then stock. Also add a second diaphragm spring and it is pretty much bulletproof.

Reactions: scottdmax
1 - 14 of 14 Posts