Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those coming from a RZR 1K, in actual ridding does the YXZ feel more stable and planted?
Just sitting in it it feels like a sports car where as my RZR feels like a truck.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
For those coming from a RZR 1K, in actual ridding does the YXZ feel more stable and planted?
Just sitting in it it feels like a sports car where as my RZR feels like a truck.
We have been fortunate enough to own all 3, XP1K, Maverick and YXZ. YXZ definitely feels most stable/planted of the three in stock trim. I haven't seen a COG comparison, but YXZ sure feels like it has the lowest COG with the Mav feeling the tallest.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have been fortunate enough to own all 3, XP1K, Maverick and YXZ. YXZ definitely feels most stable/planted of the three in stock trim. I haven't seen a COG comparison, but YXZ sure feels like it has the lowest COG with the Mav feeling the tallest.
Good to here. With my XP I always feel like I am sitting on it not in it if that makes sense.....

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Good to here. With my XP I always feel like I am sitting on it not in it if that makes sense.....
Makes perfect sense, we used to say same thing about the first RZR compared to the old Rhino. RZR felt more like a sport car than the old Rhino which more resembled a UPS truck...

·
Registered
404 Posts
That cracks me up that you left the Cat out of the equation. I know you guys offloaded it pretty quickly after the plethora of problems, but come on now...don't deny the cat it's place in your history :)

PS - Wildcat really does handle better than all of these.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Makes perfect sense, we used to say same thing about the first RZR compared to the old Rhino. RZR felt more like a sport car than the old Rhino which more resembled a UPS truck...
Funny you would say that. I would always say going from a Rhino to the RZR was like going from a piece of farm equipment to a Jeep. Now the RZR is more comparable to the Rhino..... All joking aside, it will be nice to have a actual 100% sport side by side.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
That cracks me up that you left the Cat out of the equation. I know you guys offloaded it pretty quickly after the plethora of problems, but come on now...don't deny the cat it's place in your history :)

PS - Wildcat really does handle better than all of these.
Freudian slip? :rolleyes: Actually we still have the Wildcat and it's like brand new because we pretty much quit taking it out. Seemed to break something every trip out, no exaggeration. The Wildcat has the best oem suspension of the group, but it's turning radius or lack thereof gives the handling nod to the YXZ in my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts