Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, Now that the weather is around 30deg. my YXZ takes two to three times starting to keep running. Any one else having this problem?
After is is started and running it does ok, but studders untill it get a little heat in it.

Jeff

·
Registered
894 Posts
I would venture to say most do in those conditions, mine does the same. I give it a tap on the gas just after it starts, seems to help.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I thought it was the turbo but maybe just cold blooded, mine does the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine is taking 2-4 tries to get running at temps in the 20 - 30 degree range. Glad to know it's "normal". Is anybody concerned about driving in very cold conditions? Like 0 degrees or below? It won't damage the shocks with the thick oil will it? I would take it slow until things warmed up a bit, but shocks don't really "warm up" too much when it's really cold. How about the plastic body parts getting brittle and easy to break? I plan to run mine in the snow and cold, but don't want to damage anything.

·
Registered
606 Posts
When I did the Weller reflash, It helped a bunch on cold starts
Interesting to hear you say that cause my Weller tune does not have this issue but both my brothers have the Alba tune and theirs is cold blooded as hell. Sounds like it can be tuned out.

·
Registered
471 Posts
i thought i read somewhere that the "cold start" portion of the tune wasn't tuneable? maybe it was alba that said that:cool:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Not quite the same thing would you know if it is ok to jump start a 17 1000rss
Sure you can but it is ALWAYS a lot smarter to put a charger on the battery and top it off then start the vehicle.
If it doesn't start with some real oomph best to swap the battery for a new one.

Letting these lead acid batteries go flat and the battery will usually suffer some damage at best. Probably want to replace it if it was drained really low as it may strand you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 17 SS was cold blooded on the stock tune and continues to be cold blooded on the Alba SBD tune. It usually takes 2 or 3 starts to come alive then shes good to go. I carry a NOCO jump pack with me all the time. I always seem to use it on someone else's buggy though. It seems like battery maintenance is always overlooked, and bites everyone that overlooks it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts