Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha YXZ 1000R SS XT-R
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title sums it up. Lived in NYC for 15 years before moving to Colorado in Feb 2020. Weird thing is I loved watching rock bouncer videos during youtube rabbit holes (volume up to my wife's chagrin) while I was living in NYC.

Without knowing anyone else into off roading, couldn't resist and just bought a XT-R here end of August. Luckily met someone else who rides through a mutual friend that was visiting around that time, and have been putting my YXZ through it's paces. With that said, because of my inexperience with maintaining, and even just buying accessories for these I thought joining this forum, and reading up would be a good idea.

First day out with it. Notice the missing radiator cover, blew off trailering it home from the dealership the day before. Luckily not a lot of mud here, so I've been riding without one.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

From today's 6 hour adventure, my wife and I had lunch on top of a Gigantic Quartz Deposit at approximately 11,000 feet.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Staple food

Just shy of my 20 hour and got the full synthetic Yamalube kit coming in the mail from Partzilla for next week. Also ordered the Yamaha cargo box, and swing out spare tire mount, a full factory front spare wheel/tire, two new back tires because apparently I like spinning them.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'd be calling the dealership about your radiator cover. If they are installed properly they don't fly off. Nice ride! Lunch seems a little odd though ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd be calling the dealership about your radiator cover. If they are installed properly they don't fly off. Nice ride! Lunch seems a little odd though ;)

I was warned this cover coming off is a known issue when buying it by the salesman going over everything with me in the parking lot. Believe it or not, we both double checked that it was secured properly at the dealership, before I left with it on my trailer that day. There are only two very small, non rigid plastic tabs on the left & right, that hold the cover in on the top where most of the aerodynamic stress is focused. So with that said, if you're planning on trailering on a 75mph highway, I'd recommend taking it off just to be safe. I texted my salesman as soon as I got home and noticed, and have a replacement on the way but the black one is backordered until Nov form Yamaha. I bought the YXZ, and lost the cover last week of August.

As far as the food goes, wife is a bit of a non-conformist when it comes to food. She's also in charge in that department. Half the stuff we eat we either grow ourselves, or source direct from local farmers, bakers, etc. Having been raised here in the U.S. I found it odd at first, but have grown to actually like it (and healthier to say the least). Her instagram is all about food @emilselaguna if you like weird stuff.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was warned this cover coming off is a known issue when buying it by the salesman going over everything with me in the parking lot. Believe it or not, we both double checked that it was secured properly at the dealership, before I left with it on my trailer that day. There are only two very small, non rigid plastic tabs on the left & right, that hold the cover in on the top where most of the aerodynamic stress is focused. So with that said, if you're planning on trailering on a 75mph highway, I'd recommend taking it off just to be safe. I texted my salesman as soon as I got home and noticed, and have a replacement on the way but the black one is backordered until Nov form Yamaha. I bought the YXZ, and lost the cover last week of August.

As far as the food goes, wife is a bit of a non-conformist when it comes to food. She's also in charge in that department. Half the stuff we eat we either grow ourselves, or source direct from local farmers, bakers, etc. Having been raised here in the U.S. I found it odd at first, but have grown to actually like it (and healthier to say the least). Her instagram is all about food @emilselaguna if you like weird stuff.
You can go 80 mph and it will not come off if it's on there correct.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome to the offroad community. It's a lot of fun and will take you places you otherwise would never go to or see. Still waiting for my YXZ and I'm quite impatient. I ordered my trailer for the YXZ 2 months ago and still haven't received it yet. This waiting crap is very irritating.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the offroad community. It's a lot of fun and will take you places you otherwise would never go to or see. Still waiting for my YXZ and I'm quite impatient. I ordered my trailer for the YXZ 2 months ago and still haven't received it yet. This waiting crap is very irritating.

Thanks man. Had the same issue finding one myself. Almost broke down and overpaid for a used SXS. I just kept checking the local dealerships and got lucky. Apparently my dealership sat on one for a week before I found they had it in stock, and rushed over. Apparently they had a little more clout with Yamaha because of their sales volume, plus the fact they also sell boats at that location.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sparks are flying and it's not even moving. I bet that would look cool when night riding if I could figure out a way to spit sparks while riding. LOL
Rock bouncing in the dark with studded tires would probably do the trick, that is until you totaled the ride a few seconds after turning off the lights.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts