Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I don't know if anyone can answer this question yet.... But any idea what one of these new transmissions would cost from the dealership? Totally off subject, but I was planning on building a new motorcycle powered sandrail this winter. I would love to try out one of these transmissions. This setup would give me reverse and a crap load of forward gear ratios.....

Anyone?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Normally you can not buy large items from yamaha complete. You have to buy each part separate. I did see once where yamaha shipped a complete Rx1 motor to the dealer because the mechanic hooked up a oil filter relocation kit backwards. However I am sure it won't be to long before someone parts a couple of these out. I would guess it would cost upwards of $2000 to get the tranny.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Different manufacturer, but with Polaris, I know you can buy a new transmission. I had a bearing in my xp4 freeze, blew a massive hole in one side. Transmission was bout 2200, I think. I could have bought all the parts individually, but it was going to be almost a wash, plus this way I knew everything inside was straight and good to go....

I could totally see building a new hayabusa powered car, cool think with this transmission, you'd have the motor hanging out back (think big cars), creating a wheeling freaken beast...

Normally you can not buy large items from yamaha complete. You have to buy each part separate. I did see once where yamaha shipped a complete Rx1 motor to the dealer because the mechanic hooked up a oil filter relocation kit backwards. However I am sure it won't be to long before someone parts a couple of these out. I would guess it would cost upwards of $2000 to get the tranny.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I know complete engines can be purchased for the YZ's and YFZ's through Yamaha. I'm pretty sure it is done through the racing dept.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts