Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help sizing for new bearings. I only have a few with color on them. I ordered a manual but I was just trying to figure it out before it gets here. I know there is a formula but just are not sure. Any help would be very helpful. Thank You.

·
Registered
79 Posts
As I recall there is a stamp code on the face of the crankshaft counter weight and another code on the side of the block that relates to the bearing color chart. I have a digital service manual I can check in the morning and see if can load those charts for you. Depending on the intent of your new build you may consider going up a bearing size on the rods. I spent a lot of time running a micrometer over things and test fitting various bearings sizes. Factory clearance is little bit tight for high HP loading in my opinion, your opinion may vary.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. I found a bunch of different numbers on the block. Thank you again. That would be great if you could help me out on the way to figure it out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Pay attention to the math equations they show to find the stock bearing sizes. The Main Bearing equation includes adding +2, the rod bearing equation does not. I ended up using a micrometer as I installed a set of Carrillo rods and wanted to add a little more clearance.

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still waiting on 3 crankcase bolts from Yamaha. On backorder until November 27. I’ve looked everywhere. No big deal , I’ve got other things going on. I will let ya know how it turns out. ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts