Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out why the 2019 and up are putting rods through the block similar to the early models? The 2019 came with stronger rods and was supposed to eliminate the issue.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SE SS
327 Posts
There are a lot of 19's + out there.
Have not seen this issue you speak of.
I suppose I could break a rod or destroy my 19 engine if I tried real hard.
3100 miles and no connecting rods have left the block.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I'm drawing a blank here too. I've been on the sight for a couple yrs now since buying my 2019 and have seen one member that had this happen right after he had a turbo installed so my guess would be the turbo setup was incorrect and Yamaha covered it under warranty. Other than that one case, I have not heard of it.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Good old fake book. What a crock..... One guy doesn't add or change oil and its a design problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2020 gytr turbo kit my engine has 600 miles around 35 hrs and it just let go Yamaha said they will not not not cover it because it has a turbo on it all Yamaha factory parts only gytr

·
Registered
21 Posts
The up side of forced induction is the power but everything comes at a cost. If your not worried about shorter engine life or possible catastrophic failures then the Turbo is the answer. I can see if you are doing your riding out west in higher elevations boosting will overcome the loss of power due to the high elevations above sea level. Add riding out in the sand where you need the power is another reason to go with a turbo. I live in the Midwest so far all of my riding has been on narrow trails where a turbo would be constantly going on and off boost. I have a 2020 XTR with about 50 hrs. no issues. In the early spring and late fall and winter I'm able to ride on some large farm fields and even without having a turbo I'm able to cover a lot of ground in a hurry. The only time that I have really stressed mine is when riding in wet heavy snow that was over 16 inches deep. Then even without the power of a turbo it was able to get going where drifting and sliding became an issue.

·
Registered
33 Posts
2020 gytr turbo kit my engine has 600 miles around 35 hrs and it just let go Yamaha said they will not not not cover it because it has a turbo on it all Yamaha factory parts only gytr
Yamaha wont cover it because they didn't install your turbo kit, if they did it would be covered.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yamaha wont cover it because they didn't install your turbo kit, if they did it would be covered.
no they said they wouldn’t cover it because the turbo was on it had nothing to do with who installed it and it wasn’t a bottom end failure the cam chain let lose

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hold my beer folks. I had a window in my block and Yamaha covered it with the YES warranty. I have a GYTR turbo kit that I installed, the dealer is where the warranty battle begins and ends. My dealer went to bat for me and got me a new engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone figured out why the 2019 and up are putting rods through the block similar to the early models? The 2019 came with stronger rods and was supposed to eliminate the issue.
I was under the same impression as you. Crazy, with a stock motor. I was thinking about going turbo but I feel my stock 2019 did ok at Glamis. I am running Stu tributes in the front and ds360 (I think) in the rear. Both 29’s

1 - 19 of 19 Posts