Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my hi/lo case installed and tested it today . All I can say is wow. My car is on 32” tires with 45/15 tubeworks gears. The car crawls like my Jeep with 4to 1 low range . Top speed at 10k rpms in 5th is about 27mph. Definitely makes this sxs a complete car now. I maybe trying 35” tires soon just for the mountain trails and maybe the rubicon trail. It goes so slow in low I don’t think you could ever break an axle .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had the chance to see his rig in action yesterday. He was moving so slow and steady through a gnarly up hill rocky section. I would never attempt in a stock rig.

Really was impressive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a little louder in high range but when your on the gas it’s not noticeable. In low range it is way quieter then stock . Almost no transmission noise at all.
Had the chance to see his rig in action yesterday. He was moving so slow and steady through a gnarly up hill rocky section. I would never attempt in a stock rig.

Really was impressive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it was nice meeting a forum member. Hopefully we can meet up again!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
has anyone installed one with just the 2019+ stock gearing?
If I ever have to pull the transmission back out , I will swap to the 2019 middle gear to drop my rpms while cruising . Basically drop from 15% to 7%

·
Registered
5 Posts
I finally got my hi/lo case installed and tested it today . All I can say is wow. My car is on 32” tires with 45/15 tubeworks gears. The car crawls like my Jeep with 4to 1 low range . Top speed at 10k rpms in 5th is about 27mph. Definitely makes this sxs a complete car now. I maybe trying 35” tires soon just for the mountain trails and maybe the rubicon trail. It goes so slow in low I don’t think you could ever break an axle .
Big tires and low gears make for a lot of stress on the axels.
That said, I loved the 4:1 on my FJ40 and would love it on my YXZ.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Honestly it turns so slow and these things are so lite compared to a Jeep or an fJ I don’t think it’s gonna be a problem. I am running summer brothers 300m axles thought.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow! That is so cool. 5k isn’t bad considering how much fun it would be to see the looks on everyone’s face when you crawl like that 😂. How will the clutch hold up with this mod?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The clutch is actually not a problem. I thought it would be hard on it but it’s not one bit .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts