Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some images and information about our new throttle pedal.

Our throttle pedal is constructed of 100% chromoly tube and plate, tig welded and is powdercoated Satin black. It gives you 3 different ratios to choose from so you can fine tune it to your driving style. We also made the foot pad bigger and moved it closer to you. Check it out and let me know what you think! IMG_20170327_184400_610.jpg 20170327_120652.jpg 20170330_113259.jpg 20170330_113259.jpg IMG_20170330_121910_290.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
THOSE ARE AWESOME! No more of my foot slipping off the bottom! I tend to wear a lot of boots with heal and toe traction so extended up when flat gets a bit crossed up size 14! So Im a bit further back on heal and toes and ball on pedal! Im thinking this would be like J J WALKER SAYS...dynoooomiiite! Price/availability!? Link?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
THOSE ARE AWESOME! No more of my foot slipping off the bottom! I tend to wear a lot of boots with heal and toe traction so extended up when flat gets a bit crossed up size 14! So Im a bit further back on heal and toes and ball on pedal! Im thinking this would be like J J WALKER SAYS...dynoooomiiite! Price/availability!? Link?
Yes, price please! How do we order? Forum discount? :)

Reactions: bjniceguy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks great! How much? Do you need a beta tester. :encouragement::encouragement:Great to see all the cool stuff coming out for the yxz!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have this installed, and am very glad I went in this direction. Pedal is now level with the brake, and the quality is superb. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
These look awesome.... $225 ? Seems a bit high though. Is that your best price ?
I got one and it is sweet , mocked it up but trying to install a zerk grease fitting for it and the brake while I'm in there but having some issues with size on the small zerk , everything I've researched says 1/8 NPT, well that's way to big for these fittings and I don't want that big of a hole. Anyone with info on the size of the small zerk fitting the info would be greatly appreciated.
The price may seem a little high at first but look at all the time in producing one, even in a manufacturing setting, the cutting of 4 pcs. , bending , punching, welding parts and material, powder coat and labor. I think you would you would be hard pressed to only have 3 hr. labor cost in one, so by no means a get rich quick scheme. I think it is in line and a very nice product . Thanks CRC for another great product !

·
Registered
322 Posts
I finally got to take this out for an extended ride. Quality? Exceptional. Adjustability? Able to dial it in, with a stop adjustment on the pedal. Worth 2 and a quarter? Substantially better than OEM.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I just ordered one of these. I figured it was time since I had the solid rubber spacer installed and still had 1" of dead pedal. Might as well get this while I got work to do in there. I like this since it will also allow me to eliminate the wood block I have taped to the pedal. This pedal should fix a couple issues.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I have this installed, and am very glad I went in this direction. Pedal is now level with the brake, and the quality is superb. Highly recommended.

Did you have to take off the whole front hood? I was looking at it today and it looks like the rubber boot cover that is just above the pedal assembly needs to come off but what about the whole front clip? Do you adjust the cable from the top or thru the fender opening?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Did you have to take off the whole front hood? I was looking at it today and it looks like the rubber boot cover that is just above the pedal assembly needs to come off but what about the whole front clip? Do you adjust the cable from the top or thru the fender opening?
Yes you need to lose the hood and will need to cut for clearance the rubber boot, make your cut for plenty of room to prevent hang-up, I just used a good pair of shop scissors. Your adjustment is at same spot. I also drilled and taped mine for a grease zerk, front side toward seat. If you do the grease mod, since you don't have the small nipple that they use from the factory to space your threads, I just used two small washers and it spaced it enough to keep the end of the zerk out of the shaft hole, just a thought. Have fun, especially if your jacket size is 50".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts