Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here done a custom cage yet? I was eyeballing the TMW cage, what else is everyone thinking, thanks

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Weller/LSR cage is awesome and they will ship it to you. I saw it at the Sand Show and it was the nicest one I have seen.
SDR also makes a cage
Fabwerx also

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks some nice choices, I have a Impact 260 toy hauler and it fits just right so I'm looking for ones that don't have a bumper. May go with my first instinct and get the TMW cage. I'll talk to Devious about it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Anyone have any updates on cages? I see more and more companies coming out but lets also talk price. I see cagewrx you are about 700 plus roof 200 then when i weld up and have to take to powder is another maybe 200 or so? Anyone in that range for a cage already done? Just curious looks like they kind of jump up to the 1700 range or so. Just looking for peoples experience

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
I talked to TMW last week. By the time I added chromoly, TIG, powder, light pocket and shipping we were at a solid $3k if not a hair more by the time it was done. I'm just going to get the local guy that did my Wildcat cage do it. Chromoly, TIG, powder and local so I can check on it for under $2k.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TMW with no cromoly, no TIG and added the intrusion bars whip mounts and black powder coat was $1800-1900 shipped

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree, I didn't want a bumper so this was the one for me, I've seen their RZR cages and they looked good, they say four weeks to build so that's awesome compared to what I've dealt with in the past, can't wait!

·
Registered
286 Posts
anyone have any new pics and or companies on cage options? Lets see what you all are doing.....if its a weld together or purchased a completed one

·
Registered
49 Posts
We'll have our cage option up on the website and our vendor section here with all the info early next week. Here is a look at the finished product.

Like the incorporated hand holds....very nice quality looking product there....looks great and it looks very solid just like the YXZ itself. Very nice cage!:cool:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts