Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Broke the outer front CV joint a couple weeks ago. I've already replaced the axle with a new complete unit and would like to rebuild the original CV to keep as a spare.
Where is the best place to buy the CV joint and is there a good video showing how to do the rebuild?
This is my first broken axle and I've never attempted a rebuild before.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
633 Posts
No CV parts yet rcv is about 2 months out. I've been eating them alive even after cryo and polishing and prep thinking about cutting the stub grabbing the can am outer and cutting and making a bastard child the can am outer CV is huge

·
Registered
971 Posts
No CV parts yet rcv is about 2 months out.
I spoke with Jordan last December (21st) and he stated they are available both front and back thru their sister company -- Motor Master Power Sports.

Front part number# 21044MSD

Rear part number # 21045MSD

I just checked availability -- Fronts are available -- Rears are on backorder.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Sparky those are not rcv that's the sister company with a 4130 axle not nearly strong enoigh. Even they said he doesn't think they'd hold for what I'm doing. The thing that's the problem is the whoops and the harsh shock load on the joint out in the hard pack everything is gonna need to be 300m for the power I have.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Even still it's not really a CV rebuild. I'm not sure I've seen CV parts available (cage, bearings, cup) outside of a whole CV assembly.
Im looking too.

I have spare cvs that i can make "one whole" spare outer from.

But, how? How do i get the outer cv apart?

·
Registered
836 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Negative. Doesn't show actual CV repair or rebuild. Only replacement.

I got it handled on my CVs and was able to break them down to inspect.
... you have to turn the CV cage sideways, pull a ball. And do so until all balls are removed. Once all balls are removed, spin the cage 90° and it'll come out. Easy peasy.

Reactions: fortrdb
1 - 14 of 14 Posts