Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well someone may be owing me $1.07 and a coat button worth another $.10 cents. Just saying .........
You guys both said the new Yammahammer will run away from a turbo XP1 . So are you still saying that with the RWHP number in ? Tim

Desertdog Desertdog
If the tranny is actually a DCT set up it should deliver the hp to the ground much better than a CVT. So even without a turbo its possible to run away from the turbo Rzr. IMO

Vital
Quote Originally Posted by Tmesic View Post
Lets make a wager right here, I got $1.07 and a button from an old jacket in my pocket right now that calls bU!! Sh!t. I am stating right now the NA Yamaha is not beating a turbo Razor.

Your statement clearly declared that the transmission was the deciding factor. You can back pedal all you want about weight. It will not win in a drag race. Tim
I never mentioned the tranny, that was someone else. I will go out on a limb and say the Yammy is going to out run the RZR turbo. There ya go, I said it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on the fact is has a clutch. What difference would the dct make ?

Let's hear you say it, are you sticking to your prediction ?

Tim

·
Registered
88 Posts
My prediction, a drag race would be over at first shift, look at the MPI vid, 12 seconds from dump to limiter, there's a stock '15 xds video, 0-80 mph, it's also 12 seconds.... This is not a drag machine, it's a high speed runner, where that trans deals with heat and stress better than a cvt. Even with 250hp, my 195hp will eat it in 1/8 mile all day long. Maybe with 300hp it will catch it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sounds great to me!!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'll call MPI next week. Turning up the boost I presume will mean lower compression pistons. I'm sure that's their next step. Just hoping you can keep the other equipment so you don't have to purchase two kits if you want to start with the 155 and build from there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I sent an email on Friday, I want the 280-300hp kit, I'm assuming crank hp. Love the idea of let it lug and the boost comes on followed with a huge ass drift, just shredding the soil and screaming 10,000rpm. Lol.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well someone may be owing me $1.07 and a coat button worth another $.10 cents. Just saying .........
You guys both said the new Yammahammer will run away from a turbo XP1 . So are you still saying that with the RWHP number in ? Tim

Desertdog Desertdog
If the tranny is actually a DCT set up it should deliver the hp to the ground much better than a CVT. So even without a turbo its possible to run away from the turbo Rzr. IMO

Vital
Quote Originally Posted by Tmesic View Post
Lets make a wager right here, I got $1.07 and a button from an old jacket in my pocket right now that calls bU!! Sh!t. I am stating right now the NA Yamaha is not beating a turbo Razor.

Your statement clearly declared that the transmission was the deciding factor. You can back pedal all you want about weight. It will not win in a drag race. Tim
I never mentioned the tranny, that was someone else. I will go out on a limb and say the Yammy is going to out run the RZR turbo. There ya go, I said it!
YUP! If I'm wrong in my stock vs stock prediction I promise you once aftermarket get's going this YXZ will rule the roost in all ways!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts