Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 525 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
First order of business was to remove the factory shoulder bolsters. I simply cut the tubing to remove them. They can be welded back when I sell the stock seats.
For us guys with wide shoulders this is a must for more comfort. I will be installing aftermarket seats in the near future but this will help my ride comfort for my Xmas to NY trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sitting in the one at the lot, I noticed that thing.. smashes you right in the shoulder... Dont want it, did not really examine it in depth.. It has to be cut off? I wonder how much dealer assembly is required? Maybe on mine they could skip the "Shoulder bolster install step" if there is one...

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, especially since it looks like you have the only orange one out there at the moment.
Sometimes being first isn't a good thing but I'm not worried about that. Just thankful I got it. It has been a long wait. Can't wait to get it set up and really enjoy it

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is the seat belt harness' I am going with. These are Dragonfire and they also have an install mounting kit to help with attachment. I also ordered the sub belt for a 5pt set up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Here is the seat belt harness' I am going with. These are Dragonfire and they also have an install mounting kit to help with attachment. I also ordered the sub belt for a 5pt set up.
Nice! Same harnesses I went with. I got black because I was worried the pale yellow ones would show dirt and stains too much.
Are you going with a different cage on your build? The stock bar behind the seats is placed too high for properly securing the harness straps at the optimum height. I had to fab up another bar to lower the height.
These are awesome harnesses though.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These are the rims I will be using for my STU blaster sand tires. These are Hiper Fusion rims. The fronts are 14x8, 4/4 offset and the rears are 14x10, 5/5 offset. Orange beadlocks rings of course.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Scott, yes I will be having a cage built but not until after my mid Jan trip.
I might have to fab something up to lower the mounting height. Haven't looked at it yet since my belts haven't arrived yet.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Scott, yes I will be having a cage built but not until after my mid Jan trip.
I might have to fab something up to lower the mounting height. Haven't looked at it yet since my belts haven't arrived yet.

Yeah, be aware it's a real issue with the stock bar. Straps are way too high hung in the stock position. Uncomfortable and not secure. PRP makes a replacement lowered bar, but I didn't want to blow the $150, so I made my own.

By the way, DD awesome wheels! How much are those a copy?
I really like how you are putting so much thought into your parts selection, and how everything integrates in and matches. Great job! Interested in following your build as it progresses!

As a side note, I decided to go with the Weller Racing full exhaust and reflash package as well. Corry helped me out. Thought I'd go turbo and I still may do this eventually, but figured I'd see how the car responds to NA mods first. Plus all this talk of bending rods at higher boost has me a bit nervous. Gonna be a few weeks, but can't wait to get stuff from WR!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, be aware it's a real issue with the stock bar. Straps are way too high hung in the stock position. Uncomfortable and not secure. PRP makes a replacement lowered bar, but I didn't want to blow the $150, so I made my own.

I really like how you are putting so much thought into your parts selection, and how everything integrates in and matches. Great job! Interested in following your build as it progresses!

As a side note, I decided to go with the Weller Racing full exhaust and reflash package as well. Corry helped me out. Thought I'd go turbo and I still may do this eventually, but figured I'd see how the car responds to NA mods first. Plus all this talk of bending rods at higher boost has me a bit nervous. Gonna be a few weeks, but can't wait to get stuff from WR!

I just bought the PRP crossbar as a temporary fix until i get my new cage built. Then I will just sell the bar and get some of my money back.
My thoughts are the same on getting the turbo. I will let the R&D dust settle before I make that decision. Besides too many other mods are needed before a turbo, IMO.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Have you had a chance to sit in any of these seats?? If I remember correctly...you, like me, are a big ole boy. I have always gone with +2 seats in my toys...usually not an option in SXS's. I'm curious as to how we will fit into these seats. I'm looking at the Vortex's in particular.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have you had a chance to sit in any of these seats?? If I remember correctly...you, like me, are a big ole boy. I have always gone with +2 seats in my toys...usually not an option in SXS's. I'm curious as to how we will fit into these seats. I'm looking at the Vortex's in particular.
I am a broad shouldered guy for sure, but I dont need the wide seats. Yes I have sat in each of these seats and I have them shown in order of comfort to me. I dont know for sure yet if the first two seats shown will actually fit, but I am working on test fitting them. The vortex or 3rd seat pictured above will fit and they will have a mounting base to fit the YXZ included with seat.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts

You mean one of these?? :) (we will have aluminum "WR Edition" logo labels on each side of the cans - there is just a Weller sticker there for the pic.....)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 525 Posts