Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an aftermarket cage installed from Fabwerx and also went with their doors, only after install the doors aren't lining up. I watched the cage install videos that JavaJack posted up on another thread and being new to working on my own car I can see my mistake was not jacking up the car prior to removing the stock cage.

My question is, If I jack up the car from the center then loosen the cage bolts can the door alignment issue get resolved? It's pretty bad, especially on the passenger side. I'm sure it's going to be a huge PIA especially since the cage has an integrated bumper that will all have to get unbolted as well.

Thank as always in advance.

·
Registered
894 Posts
lf your cage was prebuilt then sent to you, you should be fine to loosen everything up jack up in the middle till your doors shut good then retighten. Loosen everything 1st before you jack center up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lf your cage was prebuilt then sent to you, you should be fine to loosen everything up jack up in the middle till your doors shut good then retighten. Loosen everything 1st before you jack center up.
Awesome, just the reply I was hoping for. Thx

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had the same thing happen. I jacked it up in the middle it helped a little. I took the door hinges off and slotted the screw holes to get them right.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about possibly adding a shim or two to lift the door a bit?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts