Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on the stock tires being different sizes, i was curious when I get new tires that are DOT approved. Are they supposed to stay being different sizes? I feel like my friends with rzrs have the same tires all around... sorry if it’s a dumb question. I’m a newb. I’m in a 2019 ss se if that matters...

·
Registered
39 Posts
The rear wheels are wider than front so unless you put the same wheels all around they won’t be the same. Even though the rear are wider the offset to the outside is still the same so when u get wheels they will stick out the same all around

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Many members are running 10" wide tires on all four corners with the stock wheels, the 1 1/2" wider rear wheel would give you a slightly shorter tire stance, however not enough to be a problem IMO and the countless others that are running this set up.

My solution to this issue (OCD) was to pick up a new set of take offs, off the same machine. Actually I picked up two extra sets and matched up front wheels with a set of tires plus a matching spare and the rears with another set of tires with matching spare. Keep your eyes open and you'll find a set of 19 wheels & tires that someone's wanting to replace with a different style of wheels. If you don't want another set of wheels, I don't think it will be any problem doing what your wanting to do.

·
Registered
563 Posts
All tires must be same diameter, width doesn’t matter. At least when you are running in 4WD. Otherwise, your drivetrain will be bound up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
U can run all the same size tire on the factory rims but i wouldn't run it on the street much in 4wd. Tire diameter changes with rim width like they have said.
I know the height needs to stay the same. I was more worried about the width. But sounds like the only problem there, I can think of, is I can't rotate properly with the stock wheels.

·
Registered
28 Posts

• Based on the stock tires being different sizes, i was curious when I get new tires that are DOT approved. Are they supposed to stay being different sizes? I feel like my friends with rzrs have the same tires all around... sorry if it’s a dumb question. I’m a newb. I’m in a 2019 ss se if that matters..
    [*]

[*].
    [*]
    What tires did you end up going with? I had the same question and same machine. Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
If it helps, I went with all (4) wheels the same size 14x7 and used 14x10 Mongrel tires. With a total of (5) wheeels and tires I can put them on any corner and rotate the spare into the mix if needed.

·
Vendor
457 Posts
As mentioned you can go with the same 10 inch wide tires on all four corners with your stock wheels or go with 14x7 wheels, whichever you prefer. I went with 7 inch wide wheels on all four corners and the same size tires as well so I can rotate and carry a spare when necessary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts