Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Currently I've found another issue that has caused me to put this on hold. I can't seem to get insurance for it for road use. I currently have Foremost but they told me that they won't do a street policy for it. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be covered if something happened on the street and I have off road insurance.

Georgia doesn't say anything about UTVs on the street from what I can find. They do not say it's not allowed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I've seen rzr's driving on downtown Atlanta streets
I talked with someone from the RZR forums who drives his around and printed off the supporting documents to give it a shot. I made if 4 miles from the house before getting stopped by Douglas County Patrol saying they could not be on the street. I asked him if he would read my documents to say why it wasn't allowed, and he said "I don't care, if I see it again, I will impound it." I should have gotten his name, (I'm sure I still can since I assume he gave me a warning). I have contacted the Douglas County Sheriffs department to see what they say.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would like to know this as well. I called the Fulton County DMV and explained that I have a 2020 RZR Turbo S 4 and was told as long as I have insurance and a title, I can register it in georgia and would get a motorcycle tag and be able to drive on the roadways in GA. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would like to know this as well. I called the Fulton County DMV and explained that I have a 2020 RZR Turbo S 4 and was told as long as I have insurance and a title, I can register it in georgia and would get a motorcycle tag and be able to drive on the roadways in GA. Can anyone confirm this?
Actually, do you have a title or a manufacturer statement of origin.

Try it and let us know!

-Chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
What type of vehicle does the CA title indicate it is?
Year Make Model Body Style
2020 Polaris RZR ATV

I called and confirmed again with the DMV/Office of Tax commissioner in fulton county and was told once I get the tag I will have no restrictions on the roadways in georgia and it will be treated as any other motorcycle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Correction, it is an Arizona Title, not California. I corrected my post above. Sorry about that
UPDATE!!

I went to the Fulton County DMV with the Arizona title, proof of insurance and was able to register, tag and title my Polaris RZR S Turbo without issue. I now have a GA motorcycle plate and was told there are no restrictions to driving on the roads.

·
Registered
12 Posts
UPDATE!!

I went to the Fulton County DMV with the Arizona title, proof of insurance and was able to register, tag and title my Polaris RZR S Turbo without issue. I now have a GA motorcycle plate and was told there are no restrictions to driving on the roads.
That is incredible. Great! Any documents you can share with redacted personal information would be awesome to perhaps helping others through the process.

Did they ask any questions like, is it a motorcycle?

·
Registered
12 Posts
tag and registration attached

No questions asked other than what I paid for it for them to determine the taxes. Very simple and easy process. I was in and out in 20 minutes
I wonder if I could register in Fulton even though I reside in Troup..... Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My understanding is that you have to register where you live (address on license). So unfortunately, no, I don’t think that would work. If you have a title, you shouldn’t have any issue registering in Troup according to the DMV and my friend who is a police officer for Fulton county

·
Registered
12 Posts
My understanding is that you have to register where you live (address on license). So unfortunately, no, I don’t think that would work. If you have a title, you shouldn’t have any issue registering in Troup according to the DMV and my friend who is a police officer for Fulton county
So, just to update the thread. I was able to get a plate for my YXZ.

My situation may have helped. In GA I have to renew all my vehicles/trailers in May, (my birth month) I recently sold my motorcycle, so I asked to transfer that tag to my new vehicle. (The YXZ). The lady at the tag office seemed a little confused, but didn't put up any resistance.

She took my title and sent it off to be converted to a GA title, But at this moment I have registration and insurance for a YXZ

Gonzanc, did you get through the title process without issue? Any run ins with cops on the road?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
So, just to update the thread. I was able to get a plate for my YXZ.

My situation may have helped. In GA I have to renew all my vehicles/trailers in May, (my birth month) I recently sold my motorcycle, so I asked to transfer that tag to my new vehicle. (The YXZ). The lady at the tag office seemed a little confused, but didn't put up any resistance.

She took my title and sent it off to be converted to a GA title, But at this moment I have registration and insurance for a YXZ

Gonzanc, did you get through the title process without issue? Any run ins with cops on the road?

Thanks,

Chris
No issue with being on the streets in Brookhaven, GA. However, they made a mistake on the title and listed the make as some brand I hadnt heard of, so they had to send it off to correct it.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Well we moved to Montana (from So Cal) in February and all i had to add to mine was a horn and rear lighted license plate bracket, which i made real quick. Otherwise thay just required i have headlights, tail and brake light, rear view mirror. Done and street legal except for interstate highways. Gets me anywhere i want to go pretty much and can now ride from home to Pryor mountains Custer national forest, ride into towns, to the store. So easy here and permanent plates for the right price too. Life is good now without all the Cali restrictions and sales taxes! Forget the rest of the states, we are in the last best place 😎

21 - 39 of 39 Posts