Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know what the capabilities are for tuning the stock Computer?

I'm guessing it will not be capable of properly fueling a high powered Turbo setup so what are our options for what I consider to be the most important part of the whole system?

Thanks! JD

·
Registered
4,473 Posts

I'm guessing it will not be capable of properly fueling a high powered Turbo setup so what are our options for what I consider to be the most important part of the whole system?

Thanks! JD
I believe the ECU is currently in surgery. The doctors are figuring it out as we type. So, I'm sure there will be option's for NA motor's and for Turbo set up's

·
Registered
195 Posts

Thanks! JD
JD, I can't really speak for SxS's but in the sled world the Yamaha motors are able to produce a ton of HP with the stock ECU and a plugin (piggyback) programmer (250hp). Once a person gets to around the 275hp on up to 400+ you need to add an inline automotive fuel pump, Carrillo rods, ARP head studs, low compression pistons, etc. As for the stock ECU being able to handle the fueling, the answer is yes with a piggy back controller.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys !
Who do you suspect is leading the efforts on this surgery / remapping software?
Do you think Yamaha will offer something like their GYTR power Tuner to allow users to tweak this computer in the near future?
I'm interested in a fully featured ECU with Antilag Strategies etc. but would hate to lose any functionality of the factory dash etc.
JD

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Thanks guys !
Do you think Yamaha will offer something like their GYTR power Tuner to allow users to tweak this computer in the near future?
I'm interested in a fully featured ECU with Antilag Strategies etc. but would hate to lose any functionality of the factory dash etc.
JD
Contact Alba Racing or Benchmark Performance

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks guys !
JD
I would recommend Mountain Performance. Their kit it bulletproof and thier stage 1 is even approved by Yamaha. You could always add stage 2 or 3 later if you need more. This motor (in the sleds) is usually capable of 225+HP on pump gas with 10lbs of boost. I'm sure there are other companies that make good ones but I'm only familiar with the ones for the Yamaha sleds, MPI, Boondocker, Impulse, and MCX. This is basically the same motor used in the Nytro and Viper sleds with only a slight decrease in cc's.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EVO 1; "We have the ability to fully tune the OEM YXZ ECU and we will be on it shortly"

Great to hear and Thanks guys!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Alba is already tuning the stock ecu. Power commander PCV will likely be the basic DIY piggyback controller for boost or minor tweaking. Dobec style boxes can be easily adapted to just about anything. Definitely will see some guys running stand alone computers like AEM, Vipec, Haltech and Motec at some point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts