Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
916 Posts
Are you buying another ECU or having yours tuned? Did you get the YES extended warranty? If you get your stock ECU tuned it will probably void your warranty,

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
916 Posts
If the warranty doesn't matter by all means put it on. Souldent make a bit of difference on the brake in if the tune is right.

·
Registered
114 Posts
That is catch 22.

Better to do it now for a few reasons.

Richer tune would be a better breaking in than factory leaner ratio's. Going to run, feel and sound
better.

Then it is better to not do it for a few reasons.

Lot of money I think I would wait a few hundred miles just go be sure the car is all doing what it is supposed to.

·
Registered
46 Posts
In .2 miles there is no way to know if everything is functioning the way it should be. While the temptation to modify is understandable, personally i would rip it a bit before tuning and exhaust. Just to shake out any gremlins if any are there. Yamaha has great quality and reliability, but every mfg has off days or an occasional bad part.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Another addition to not modifying it for a bit is then you can truly appreciate the tune and exhaust by experiencing the improved sound and performance. I enjoy seeing, hearing, and feeling the before and after of upgrades. I feel it gives me a better appreciation of the efforts the aftermarket companies put into their product and their improvements.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi I'm buying Weller full exhaust and ECU tune. Is it ok to install before break in is reached..New 2022 yxz 1000r xtr with .2 miles.
I have the Weller exhaust and ECU tune and absolutely love it. But, before the exhaust I strongly suggest safety items such as cage, good seats, and 5 point harnesses.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts