Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hmm I was thinking we'd want the rear swaybar actually softer not harder. Off the floor they're stiff as _ell. I was wanting a set of sway bars that offered a compromise between what I have and what a RZR feels like in order to make the car handle the whoops and chop a bit more smoothly.
you need to follow the suggestions for the shock settings on an earlier thread, either by schmidty or ed. i did and it made my yxz awesome. i'm a very aggressive duner and it made a world of difference.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Hmm I was thinking we'd want the rear swaybar actually softer not harder. Off the floor they're stiff as _ell. I was wanting a set of sway bars that offered a compromise between what I have and what a RZR feels like in order to make the car handle the whoops and chop a bit more smoothly.
Shocks/springs make the difference with the whoops and chops. that was the first things I did on this... sway bar is focused on body roll.. less is better IMO.. so less tippy on turns.. helps keep the wheels planted, im hoping....

·
Registered
678 Posts
you need to follow the suggestions for the shock settings on an earlier thread, either by schmidty or ed. i did and it made my yxz awesome. i'm a very aggressive duner and it made a world of difference.
Really, who has body roll issues with the YXZ? Not me! Thats why they rock on Short Course's. IMO the super stiff rear sway bar is limiting the ability for me to glide over some of the rough conditions I experience on the race course not to mention tackling technical stuff in Moab. I'm going to experiment next Moab visit and disconnect the rear just for fun to see how it maneuvers in the slow stuff. For now I'm keeping what I have.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Just installed my kit last night. Going to the dunes this weekend, so I'll report how they do combined with the Weller KOH shock setup.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Just installed my kit last night. Going to the dunes this weekend, so I'll report how they do combined with the Weller KOH shock setup.
cool.. got mine today and put the front one on. what setting are you running? soft in front and firm in rear? I also have the KOH set up but wont be able to really test till next thursday..

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
cool.. got mine today and put the front one on. what setting are you running? soft in front and firm in rear? I also have the KOH set up but wont be able to really test till next thursday..
I set mine up firm front and rear. The front bar is so small by comparison anyway.....Guess I'll see how it does that way first.

·
Registered
845 Posts
installed the rear last night, but in my yard I barely have room to get out of 1st so not able to test it till maybe tomorrow or sunday..

·
Administrator
3,621 Posts
Need to keep discussions of other products in discussion sections and not in vendor sections. This is an Eibach thread about the Eibach swaybar.

·
Registered
845 Posts
got it.. ill start new thread. thx..

·
Registered
845 Posts
Holy Sh!t... I LOVE this MOD!!!!! I figured, screw it,, I can get this thing on two wheels even if I never leave 1st gear in my yard.... I just whipped around trees on my small figure 8 track like I was driving my old (super low center of gravity) turbo buggy.. which is a big deal because she was never flipping over unless I hit an unforeseen rut. (which i did once..:)..),,, my rear now just sits and FISH TAIL Away!!!! So much fun.. I cant wait to get her on some real trails..

Thanks Ryan/Eibach!!!!

·
Vendor
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Holy Sh!t... I LOVE this MOD!!!!! I figured, screw it,, I can get this thing on two wheels even if I never leave 1st gear in my yard.... I just whipped around trees on my small figure 8 track like I was driving my old (super low center of gravity) turbo buggy.. which is a big deal because she was never flipping over unless I hit an unforeseen rut. (which i did once..:)..,,, my rear now just sits and FISH TAIL Away!!!! So much fun.. I cant wait to get her on some real trails..

Thanks Ryan/Eibach!!!!
Our pleasure!

·
Vendor
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hey Guys,

Good news! Tracking just showed up in my inbox for the bushings. I should have kits available to ship by Wednesday. Give me a call if you'd like to get your name on one or ten.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
So what did you think? Give us your riding impressions.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts