Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Ask Nate at Alba. I’m betting he won’t be a fan of it.

·
Vendor
383 Posts
It all comes down to support. If they have a technical support team that has experience with the YXZ platform and their unit then sure, but if not it can become quite a headache. I did some R/D with an Emtron unit a while back and their support on this platform was lacking. I hear they are better now. It may be a better option as it requires no jumper harness and is a direct plug in unit.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It all comes down to support. If they have a technical support team that has experience with the YXZ platform and their unit then sure, but if not it can become quite a headache. I did some R/D with an Emtron unit a while back and their support on this platform was lacking. I hear they are better now. It may be a better option as it requires no jumper harness and is a direct plug in unit.

Nate
Alba Racing

Thanks Nate for the info.

I'm looking at options for ECU for a max boost around 15lbs with water/meth injection. Using RPM header/plenum with my turbo.
I have looked at Power Commander but wanted something a little more sophisticated. MoTec is really nice but a little bit extreme for a trail machine.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thanks Nate for the info.

I'm looking at options for ECU for a max boost around 15lbs with water/meth injection. Using RPM header/plenum with my turbo.
I have looked at Power Commander but wanted something a little more sophisticated. MoTec is really nice but a little bit extreme for a trail machine.
MoTeC is really exspensive but cheaper than replacing a motor and the possibility of the MoTeC is endless I plan on doing MoTeC down the road

·
Registered
85 Posts
MoTeC is really exspensive but cheaper than replacing a motor and the possibility of the MoTeC is endless I plan on doing MoTeC down the road
^^^^^^^^^^^ I have a MoTeC in my boosted car. It actually saved me a brand new $$$$ full head and block turbo build. I had a progressively loosening AN fitting on the feed line of my in tank fuel pump at the tank bulkhead causing an increasing loss of fuel pressure while I was breaking in my new motor. The ECU kept adding fuel injector pulse width as the pressure dropped under high RPM demand and eventually pulled enough timing causing me to notice there was a problem under boost. Probably would have leaned out and burned down the new motor if I had a less intelligent system. Already paid for itself in my mind.

·
Vendor
383 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^ I have a MoTeC in my boosted car. It actually saved me a brand new $$$$ full head and block turbo build. I had a progressively loosening AN fitting on the feed line of my in tank fuel pump at the tank bulkhead causing an increasing loss of fuel pressure while I was breaking in my new motor. The ECU kept adding fuel injector pulse width as the pressure dropped under high RPM demand and eventually pulled enough timing causing me to notice there was a problem under boost. Probably would have leaned out and burned down the new motor if I had a less intelligent system. Already paid for itself in my mind.
ECUMaster, Emtron, AEM, and most other standalone units have the same features and abilities. Not knocking the MOTEC just pointing out those are pretty standard features in just about any standalone.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree. I went with MOTEC 2 years ago when there wasn't many choices other than piggyback and certainly very little support from any brand. My comment was just confirmation that sometimes spending money upfront pays off in the end.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is what I plan to get very soon from a shop on fb that sells them wired and ready to plug into a yxz. He just made over 400hp on another shops dyno. Got a quote and it’s a lot less than motec with same capabilities

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is what I plan to get very soon from a shop on fb that sells them wired and ready to plug into a yxz. He just made over 400hp on another shops dyno. Got a quote and it’s a lot less than motec with same capabilities

Yeah I talked to them little over a week ago. I only wanted to run about 15 lbs of boost Max.
He told me I needed over a thousand CC injectors, a new fuel rail plus send in my throttle bodies to bore out to fit the injectors. Like I said I only wanted 15 pounds of boost............

·
Vendor
383 Posts
15 PSI is pretty easy. I have quite a few cars running 15psi tuned through the stock ECU with a 3 BAR map sensor conversion. They are running 1000cc injectors that drop into the stock rail and t-bodies with no modifications. Standalone is not really required for that level of boost.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
15 PSI is pretty easy. I have quite a few cars running 15psi tuned through the stock ECU with a 3 BAR map sensor conversion. They are running 1000cc injectors that drop into the stock rail and t-bodies with no modifications. Standalone is not really required for that level of boost.

Nate
Alba Racing

Nate

I would be all for using the stock ECU. I have talked to you in the past and it was my understanding per our conversation that you would not flash my ECU unless I was running a particular turbo kit that you have tuned for. I have the RPM header / plenum and a CT2 Comp Turbo with your stage 2 cams 9.5 compression Pistons. I also want to be able to adjust my Boost on the Fly and hit the 15 pounds of boost special occasions.

I already have your stock Flash and if you would be able to help me out with this problem I'll be more than happy to give you my business.

·
Vendor
383 Posts
Crap, the problem with a custom setup like that is I just can not guarantee the accuracy of the tune I provide. Now if you had a complete Weller kit, or KT, or GYTR or even an MPI I pretty much can, but its a hell of a risk for us both to take with a custom setup. Sorry.

Nate
Alba Racing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts