Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 16 turbo power commander auto tune. Was tuned by Kyle at Weller. Car runs great. But having issue. After running car in dunes for say 45-1 hour the car will just turn off like a light switch. Running great every time up til point it just turns off. I can fire car right back up but usually if I do it will die again a minute or two in. But if I wait say 5-10 mins I can drive again for 45-1 hour and it will die again. No codes. Car runs great. It's like a relay gets hot and just turns off and once cools all is good. Only problem with that is I can fire car right back up after dying. It's not gas related it has to be electrical. As said it like turning off a switch. It's Happened many times. We like driving a certain way to the glamis drags and like clock work car will die almost in the exact same spot ever time in dunes. Car is not hot. Temp stays 180-202 Only thing I can think of is fan blowing hot air true tunnel something getting hot turn off but will turn right back on and if I let sit for 5-10 mins it's fine for another 45-1 ride. It's confusing any ideas? Car also has 2 batteries and I keep them charged. As said car never gives any hint that is going to die it just turns off zero juice come to stop will turn key off and will start right back up but in starting right back up car will die a minute or two in but if I wait 5-10 minutes I'm all goo for another run of 45-1 hour. Any thoughts ideas? Thx. As far as I can tell no loss wires or grounds

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe but only issue is. I Can be in dunes car dies duning I'll let sit for 5-10 mins start back up get to the drags and it fairly flat and it dies again. The very first time I notice this issue was when Kyle was dyno the car and after about 45 mins of pulls it just died. Didnt think anything of it at time and Kyle was confused why it died but he was done and it fired right up to stick on trailer. But now I know. The car will die at almost same spot every time in dunes and the only denominator is time running

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe but only issue is. I Can be in dunes car dies duning I'll let sit for 5-10 mins start back up get to the drags and it fairly flat and it dies again. The very first time I notice this issue was when Kyle was dyno the car and after about 45 mins of pulls it just died. Didnt think anything of it at time and Kyle was confused why it died but he was done and it fired right up to stick on trailer. But now I know. The car will die at almost same spot every time in dunes and the only denominator is time running
I am having this sample problem. Did u find a fix

·
Registered
329 Posts
Unplug the fuel controller and plug/wire it back factory. Good chance it is related to the Power Commander.
Aftermarket are not constructed to Yamaha's factory standards and much higher rate of failure.
Just wasted 2 days of troubleshooting and turned out it was Yamaha Adventure pro cradle was shorting out the system and it was immobilizing all shifting. Almost bought new ECU. So lucky I finally thought to unplug that aftermarket junk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts