Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

Ergonomics

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  privateer 
How is the cockpit? Yamaha has stated its "driver centered" and a few guys on here have said its good but, I am in Canada and I can't find a dealer that has one yet so I am looking for some more info before I get to excited. I am only about 6'1" but, long legged. I don't have trouble in even the smallest sports cars but, when I got in a RZR 1000 my first reaction was "This is an f-ing joke right? Where is the adult size version?"

Other than that all I have to say is wow! It sounds awesome. People complaining about harsh ride noise from gear box, exhaust and aren't sure what a manual sequential gear box is. Go get something else you will be fine. But, for someone like me who has purposely spent lots of time and money to modify stuff for racing and drempt about doing it to a side by side. I am pretty sure Yamaha saved me tons of money and time.
I am also 6'1" with broad shoulders and 260 lbs and I fit in this thing great. There is a shoulder bolster that my shoulder touches but that will be removed with aftermarket seats. Overall the ergonomics are as good if not better than the Can-Am Mav's. In the YXZ you will feel like your sitting down "in" the car as compared to the Can'Ams where I feel like I am sitting "on" the car.

Thanks guys, sounds awesome. Yeh it's not just about do you fit, is it comfortable and does it fit well enough so you can confidently drive at speed? It's even more important if you have to run a clutch. The RZR 1000 I could fit in defined by, I could close the door, turn the wheel and operate the gas/ brake pedal but the whole left leg awkwardly jammed between the door and wheel wasn't comfortable or confidence inspiring to say the least. Sounds like that is resolved with the YXZ 1000. Based on the rest of the specs, ease of turboing it and Yamaha's legendary reliability, I suspect they have a home run. For the casual users it might be a bit to much machine but, it sounds like Yamaha new that and chose to go to performance end of the spectrum. I think it was a good call, I definitely appreciate it.
It definitely has a lot more leg room and the seat position makes it easy to reach everything and use the clutch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.