Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
registered nurse, chiropractor, auto dealer (just beginning).

·
Registered
363 Posts
Retired for 21 years, vet, desert racer, Team Honda trials rider - manager, aircraft mechanic, ASE certified automotive senior tech.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Nice pine there, you guys do any jack work?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Yes sir we do :) although so cal does not get weather some of you boys get, we still get heavy winds causing big wood to hit the deck, houses, cars, trap victims, so yeah we get it occasionally!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
First red cedar around 4.5 ft, second was 6 or so, third a 38" block face with a kicker, fourth is some jack work on some 4.5 ft cedar on a cutting line right behind and a creek to the left, and finally a spring I cut used and now is becoming a bar top.

·
Registered
201 Posts
All you loggers I'm in the market for a chainsaw for cutting firewood up at our deer camp in northern Michigan. Stihl or Husqvarna? I'm leaning towards a Stihl. Thanks!

·
Registered
902 Posts
My two cents --- I had both in my ranch for firewood , I even had an echo, they all been good to me . Now for commercial like this guys .. humm , that's a different world. Lol. Good luck Brother.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
All you loggers I'm in the market for a chainsaw for cutting firewood up at our deer camp in northern Michigan. Stihl or Husqvarna? I'm leaning towards a Stihl. Thanks!

Myself I'm a husky guy they have better anti vibe, the smallest I run falling is a 562xpw been a great little 60cc saw, we also have a 555 basically the same saw that's detuned as well as cheaper. Personally having been around both of them I think husky has the better auto tune set up. If you'd like some pictures of both side by side or side by side of a 372xpw I can do that.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Get a STIHL ms461!!! U will have it forever and you can do big wood as well as small wood. You can run a 25"-36" bar but it cuts best and is a beast with the 25" bar. It's my favorite saw. Nearly perfect power to weight ratio, making for one hell of a machine

·
Registered
418 Posts
If your ONLY
Going to be doing small wood, a top handle ms201 is a great all around saw, made for climbing but I use it when cutting my firewood to length before splitting but I don't split huuuge rounds. 201,261,461=can't go wrong. They are all bulletproof, do not go with anything when the second number is odd.. ex..250=residential saw and no balls. That 461 is going to shock you on the price so maybe the 261 is your perfect option

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
It also depends on the service in your area where I am I'm lucky to have both husky and Stihl as well as professional timber falling shops that do nothing else. The 046,460,461 are a fine saw but personally I've never liked the feel same goes for the 066,660,661 I prefer the 390's and 395's for the same money as a 661 I can get a 395 that'll pull a 60" bar. Small stuff you'll be yanking on a spring mount is a better choice in the long run.

·
Registered
418 Posts
It also depends on the service in your area where I am I'm lucky to have both husky and Stihl as well as professional timber falling shops that do nothing else. The 046,460,461 are a fine saw but personally I've never liked the feel same goes for the 066,660,661 I prefer the 390's and 395's for the same money as a 661 I can get a 395 that'll pull a 60" bar. Small stuff you'll be yanking on a spring mount is a better choice in the long run.

I think we are talking about too much saw lol. Typical. I think a 26 will be perfect for him

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I think we are talking about too much saw lol. Typical. I think a 26 will be perfect for him

I have a 260 it's been a pile carb issues, blown up twice, and the last time the crank went. Have you tried a 562 or 555?

61 - 80 of 106 Posts