Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
We average about 10 cord a year of mostly maple and some oak so don't need anything to extreme. Hoping to stay around the $4-500 mark but I plan on having the saw around for years to come. I'll look at Husky again but I was worried the quality wouldn't be there since they sold out to the big box stores. That's kinda why I was leaning towards Stihl. Sorry for hijacking the thead!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
We average about 10 cord a year of mostly maple and some oak so don't need anything to extreme. Hoping to stay around the $4-500 mark but I plan on having the saw around for years to come. I'll look at Husky again but I was worried the quality wouldn't be there since they sold out to the big box stores. That's kinda why I was leaning towards Stihl. Sorry for hijacking the thead!!

Where are you located?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
I live in the Chicago area but my deer camp is just outside of Ishpeming Michigan in the UP

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I live in the Chicago area but my deer camp is just outside of Ishpeming Michigan in the UP

You might give Madsen's in Washington state a call tomorrow they deal in professional saws as well as the farm series which has a lot of the same parts as the professional saws in a husky. One other thing about them is handle both Husky and Stihl in house one of the only places that has both.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 106 Posts