Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a pea shooter restriction on the factory exhaust muffler.
Note this does delete the spark Arrestor.

Remove the (3) Socket Head Screws
Remove the SS Cover
Remove the Baffle Bolts
Remove Baffle
Install SS Cover Back On

5 Minute Job

Here is the sound with idle, take off, and shut down.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It sounds so much better! It will be the first thing that I do to mine before I decide on a full aftermarket or bolt on pipe.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I plan on a full system once I have a few to choose from. The flat spot off idle is alittle more prevalent but it seems to revs faster. A full system and a programmer is going to rock!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Kind of odd that the SxS world goes with programmers (as I have done three times). In the dirt bike world we just go for known re-flashes (often factory re-flashes at the dealer of known maps).

·
Registered
86 Posts
I did this to my yxz with out even seeing this video. I must say it sounds MUCH better in person. Mine sounds like street bike for some reason this sounds like a chainsaw. No offense. I love the sound, it loud.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Has anybody put a wideband on one to see what we have stock and what it is after removing the spark arrestor? Anybody pulled a spark plug to at least see if it shows signs of being lean? With current emissions, a lot of motors are coming from the factory running pretty lean and removing the spark arrestor may lean it out more. I removed mine today but think I may put it back until I put a wideband on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts