Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to put a exhaust on my yxz, do I have to get a fuel tuner? Or reflash the ecu? New to the machine and wanting a different sound, also if anyone recommends a certain exhaust I’m all ears thank you

·
Registered
88 Posts
Weller and don't look back, Alba and a few others are also good systems with solid support for the yxz.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
705 Posts
These things are very lean from the factory, so you need a flash for any exhaust changes if you want it to last. Also a flash is worth a few horsepower all by its self. My vote is for the Graves full exhaust. Its not too loud, its lighter then all the rest, and it sounds like a street bike.

·
Registered
88 Posts
quite a bit, for a budget-minded setup you should be able to find an Alba SDB kit and get their ECU flash, basically a header and exhaust tip, used for $300 ish, these motors are already super top-end crazy, a header gives you a little more bottom end.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
705 Posts
I had a slip on and went to a full exhaust. It was a big difference.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
705 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
great info here,dont want to lose any bottom/midrange.Would doing a header/slip on combo or full system eliminate the need for a heavier flywheel in low low speed situations?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I love my graves setup. Dlp tune

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nasty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
quite a bit, for a budget-minded setup you should be able to find an Alba SDB kit and get their ECU flash, basically a header and exhaust tip, used for $300 ish, these motors are already super top-end crazy, a header gives you a little more bottom end.
Wonder we’re I can find a deal on all that lol

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
FYI installed Weller header and duals with their flash it made more power for sure . Removed Weller system and went back to stock with Alba’s larger spark arrester while maintaining the Weller flash . There was a noticeable re- gain of low end torque. Did this change to get away from the noise that became annoying on long trail rides . I couldn’t here my intercom above 7k rpm . The Weller system is great for what it is just remember it’s a race pipe and it sounds like one . So to conclude the Weller flash with stock muffler with the Alba tip is a good improvement over stock and is much quieter. One other thing I noticed is with the cat back on I don’t notice the exhaust fumes as I did with it off .

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wanting to put a exhaust on my yxz, do I have to get a fuel tuner? Or reflash the ecu? New to the machine and wanting a different sound, also if anyone recommends a certain exhaust I’m all ears thank you
You will love the sound of the Weller. I get many compliments. Yes, it's a little pricey but well worth it. And, yes you will need to send your ECU to Weller for them to program.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went with a trinity full exhaust and their tune, also removed the air injection system with weller plates. Good power and am happy with it.

you will need to run a tune with any engine modifications or you will run lean.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As mentioned Graves and Weller make great systems but both are a bit spendy especially grave. I went with DASA’s full system and sent my ecu out to them and am very pleased with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Weller racing full exhaust, smog delete and tune 🤘🏻
i have weller raging exhaust with reflash makes a big difference both in sand and trail riding. I have rugged radio pumper system with full face helmet. and i can still hear the radio even at 7 rpm. this system sounds and looks great I would recommend it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also have the rugged radio and listen to my music the whole time I ride through the Bluetooth. You can barely hear the exhaust. I tried to post a video but it won’t let me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts