Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now the obvious #s...

But, I was hoping for a little more detailed comparisons.

Like:

Price and Performance of a Slip on system:

Price and performance of a complete system:

Price and Performance of a low boost Tubro:

Price and Performance of a High boost Turbo:

I also realize I may be asking these questions a little too early... since there are several great companies currently working on their upgrades.

I am just thinking there are a bunch of us on here considering these turbo add ons...so this will be a great work board for all of us wanting to learn!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I now the obvious #s...

But, I was hoping for a little more detailed comparisons.

Like:

Price and Performance of a Slip on system:

Price and performance of a complete system:

Price and Performance of a low boost Tubro:

Price and Performance of a High boost Turbo:

I also realize I may be asking these questions a little too early... since there are several great companies currently working on their upgrades.

I am just thinking there are a bunch of us on here considering these turbo add ons...so this will be a great work board for all of us wanting to learn!

I think your right since I have the same questions.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I like the idea and performance from a turbo but I know a Piped and Tuned YXZ will still be awesome and reliable. I am worried that a turbo would alter the already great powerband the stock motor has. It's very versatile for trials to dunes.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I believe weller posted some performance numbers on another thread.
About +11 rwhp with a tuner and their full exhaust

Alba posted about+14 rwhp with a slip-on exhaust and a reflashed ECU, it also ran upto 100mph on their dyno

·
Registered
183 Posts
I rode one with a dasa on it.Seemed to run a lot better .And go rid of the flat spot on bottom.Thats why I have one waiting on my yxz .if I see a turbo is needed I'll buy dasa one then .Have always been pleased with their pipes and service on myquads

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So a good hp graph will be like.

Slip on: 7-8 hp
System + reflash: 11-13

Low boost Turbo: 25-30

·
Registered
148 Posts
Figure exhaust, tune and air filter 10-15hp. 6psi turbo 50hp gains. No comparison. Turbo way more involved and much more expensive. Reliability will depend on the kit and tune. With the correct system torque is vastly improved and way more responsive to drive. You can estimate you will pay $1000 per 10hp roughly. High boost turbo kit usually just means lower compression (motor work) and turning up the boost.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only prices I have saw this far is 1,099 for the Dasa full system.

Im sure it will take a little while longer before we can get more price comparisons going on here too.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I remember seeing a Graves slip on added 9hp I think on their facebook page and shaved off like 12lbs or something and I like the looks of it but I need to hear what it sounds like.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Figure exhaust, tune and air filter 10-15hp. 6psi turbo 50hp gains. No comparison. Turbo way more involved and much more expensive. Reliability will depend on the kit and tune. With the correct system torque is vastly improved and way more responsive to drive. You can estimate you will pay $1000 per 10hp roughly. High boost turbo kit usually just means lower compression (motor work) and turning up the boost.
I would say this is pretty accurate information

1 - 11 of 11 Posts