1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and Thanks for your help,
2017 SS/SE, almost 1 year old....

**Seems to start OK.
**I put a simple battery tender on it and the battery tender will not go green/full even with a 8 hour charge.
**The battery tender works great on my 2 quads.
**Is my battery on it's way out?

Thanks for your help, Robert.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
You would need to do a load test on it. See what kind of voltage drop you get holding it under a load.
Other than that, I wouldn't think the battery would fail in only one year. Mine is 2 years old now, and holding strong.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This is what I am talking about. K&T has a sweet set up but I am not going to run with that. I preferred to make something a little more personal if I could get away with it not looking too dorky.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
When mine goes out i will be looking for a dry cell like an optima. Lead plate batteries cant take the abuse and will break free shorting out the battery.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Look st the AGM battery from Full Throttle batteries. They have an exact match for the YXZ and is about 50% less than an Odessey. The poles are exactly where they should be also. I think I paid about $80 for mine. It also has more capacity than the Odessey.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Look st the AGM battery from Full Throttle batteries. They have an exact match for the YXZ and is about 50% less than an Odessey. The poles are exactly where they should be also. I think I paid about $80 for mine. It also has more capacity than the Odessey.
DD, what is the correct part number for this battery?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi and Thanks for your help,
2017 SS/SE, almost 1 year old....

**Seems to start OK.
**I put a simple battery tender on it and the battery tender will not go green/full even with a 8 hour charge.
**The battery tender works great on my 2 quads.
**Is my battery on it's way out?

Thanks for your help, Robert.
Do you have anything on your buggy (alarm, immobiliser, music etc) which could be drawing juice even when everything appears to be switched off?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing to make it draw energy when off. The battery does have enough energy to start it run it and all that. It is just simply that the battery tender will not show a greenlight at all while charging just my Yamaha battery but works great on all my other quads and everything else like it is supposed To.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes it is designed for small batteries. It works 100% great on my other quad’s with zero issues. It just will not charge up the YXZ battery completely. But you guys just gave me an idea that I really should’ve thought of before but thank you for jogging my brain a little bit. Let me try it again disconnecting all of the positive hook ups to the battery and see if it will charge up then based on that drain idea.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Yes it is designed for small batteries. It works 100% great on my other quad’s with zero issues. It just will not charge up the YXZ battery completely. But you guys just gave me an idea that I really should’ve thought of before but thank you for jogging my brain a little bit. Let me try it again disconnecting all of the positive hook ups to the battery and see if it will charge up then based on that drain idea.
Thats what I was getting ready to suggest. Disconnect the battery and see if it will charge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in phx,az and own two 2016 yxz1000 se since new. Its now feb 2020 and 1 of the batteries just died and the other is still going.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Mine died at almost 3 years getting ready for a long trip, forgot about it with everything going on and usually figure battery replacement every two years. Made an emergency run to O’reilly’s and they had an exact fit AGM battery (only one in stock) for $45 less the $10 core i handed them, $35 total, might just get a few trips and get a better battery and keep this one on trickle charge for a back up but last i tested the other day it holds a strong charge with same cca as stock battery. 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 - 15 of 15 Posts