Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.375" OD Primaries and it looks and feels like Titanium.
Anyone else Fondled this work of art?
If its Ti I would have expected Yamaha to advertise that. ???

JD

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
The headers? I do believe that's stainless steel....

·
Registered
74 Posts
That is the same OD as the snowmobile. Anyone measure the port diameter? The 1049cc Nytro/Viper exhaust port is about 35mm/1.37". I suspect some larger primaries will show nice gains in the mid - high... probably loose a little low end, though.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Here are a couple of charts to show what we have been able to gain at the wheels with our Full System. As you can see there is a really good hit of HP and TQ over stock down low and up top. We are still working on the final tune and should be able to clean the graph up a bit still. Again this is just where we are currently out...

Text Line Pattern Diagram Design Text Line Pattern Design Diagram

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Here are a couple of charts to show what we have been able to gain at the wheels with our Full System. As you can see there is a really good hit of HP and TQ over stock down low and up top. We are still working on the final tune and should be able to clean the graph up a bit still. Again this is just where we are currently out...

View attachment 1917 View attachment 1918

Nate
Alba Racing
Nate, are these gains with just a full system by itself, or a full system WITH fuel correction?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I am in by no way bashing Nate. They are doing great work but I bet $$ 75% of the Gains are from getting ride of the. Horriable stock can. It's so restrictive I don't see how it runs. I did make my own slip on and my seat of the pants dyno can tell a big difference it was choked to death. Ex is the first years 450 Suzuki quad with removing the spark arrestor and Cherri bomb made like 5 hp. Again they are doing great work but the last 3 hp and the price tag I can't justify.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I am in by no way bashing Nate. They are doing great work but I bet $$ 75% of the Gains are from getting ride of the. Horriable stock can. It's so restrictive I don't see how it runs. I did make my own slip on and my seat of the pants dyno can tell a big difference it was choked to death. Ex is the first years 450 Suzuki quad with removing the spark arrestor and Cherri bomb made like 5 hp. Again they are doing great work but the last 3 hp and the price tag I can't justify.
We made a slip on and there were a few HP gained, but nothing near this. Also remember that the Cherri Bomb you are talking about altered not only rev limit, but ignition mapping as well. The power gain was primarily from the Cherri Bomb... Also where do you see 3 hp and where did you get a price? lol. just curious.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
199 Posts
I wasn't knocking you at all all your stuff is top notch. ... We have a chassy dyno and dyno tune cars so I am not the ave Jo. I was just saying the biggest gain was getting rid of the stocker. For numbers sake let's say it made 80 hp stock and with your exhaust and tuner and header made 90 hp. I would wager that with just a slip on (any straight threw core with perforations with sound deading at least same size as header) you woudo see at least 6 hp ... Yes you made more but the price is only web sites. Lol I think this dasa is 1000$ I just like making not buying when ever possible am so will get a turbo as soon as warr runs out so didn't want to put out that kind of cash then take off. Like I said you all do good work and we all appreciate doing the testing. I had a Teryx that made 75 hp at wheels which 4 years ago was pretty dam good. All
I was pointing out was how aweful restrictive the stock can was .

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Coondog28 we started with a slip on and did not see that much gain. But sure there was a couple HP. Our system will not be $1000 either, lol!

That is with a slip on.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
74 Posts
The LTR muffler was a nice straight through design, and it never needed repacking!!

Here's a cutaway of the sled engine from 2005. Note where the exhaust port meets the pipe. This condition likely exists on the YXZ.

Engine Auto part Technology Space Automotive engine part

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Here is what we saw with just a slip on... this is a perforated mesh core straight through muffler with matching core diameter to the stock piping... couple of HP.

Text Line Diagram Parallel Design

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nate, is that with just a slip on and no fuel correction? What kind of afr was it running?
Does this motor run fairly lean stock or is the fuel map pretty rich? I would assume on the lean side with current emissions.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks for the dyno post with slip on... would have thought been closer to middle if you had basically 9 hp
Gain. Then half would have been 87/88 so slip on was almost half of it. But if that's with header and retune I will agree with the numbers. Like we tell Everyone the dyno don't care what is strapped to it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts