Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know the 2017 models come with factory temp gauge and I was wondering if you brought and installed a 2017 gauge cluster on a 2016 model ,would the Ecu allow this function to work. I did something similar a few years ago with a can am outlander and it worked fine , just plug and play .

Below is a listing for a 2016 gauge cluster .. Not that expensive I couldn't see why 2017 would be much more if anything at all.

image.png

·
Administrator
3,622 Posts
I'd be surprised if it actually worked. The 2017 gauge cluster has extra idiot lights that I'm sure the 2016 ECU won't support so I don't see why it would support the temp gauge.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the 2017 model with the manual transmission ... I may be wrong but I think it's only the paddle shift that has the idiot lights

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Suppose we will have to wait till next month .... Shouldn't be to hard to swap one out on the shop floor & see if it will work or not.... If it dose I will be buying a new gauge cluster for sure .

·
Registered
76 Posts
Anyone try this yet?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Has there been anyone that has tried putting a new gauge cluster on the 2016?

Also, anyone ever open up the cluster itself - say to change the backplate or leds? I cant tell if there are easy screws on the back to split the halves of the cluster (similar to the sportbikes).

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts