Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just something to look at since we all like watching videos. Certainly not all stock machines.

Mav Turbo vs Yamaha YXZ vs RZR 900 Alba Stg3

Yamaha YXZ vs Rrz Turbo vs Mav Turbo

Yamaha YXZ vs Various models

·
Registered
677 Posts
Was the Yxz stock? If so I liked them video's of it (a stock YXZ) going against modify n turbo Mavs n Polaris's I think it did well! Again apples to oranges. If this is the only way they (Can am n Polaris's) can beat this YXZ TO ME THATS AWESOME! N they the (Can am n Polaris) people r proud to win this way they the (Can am n Polaris) fans have another thing coming to them in a huge way! JMHO. ENJOY IT WHILE U CAN BECAUSE IT WILL NOT LAST LONG AT ALL! Just saying, U Can am n Polaris fans have a GREAT DAY.

·
Registered
633 Posts
These are offroad vehicles why drag race on pavement. Hooking up is half the battle of drag racing. And it looks like all these videos all the driver does is dump the clutch these are multi plate clutches feather that thing and get it to hook. These things will be driver still dependent big time on how fast on and off the track they are.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I would like to know if the Yamaha is starting in 4 wheel drive? It might do better on the launch !

·
Registered
126 Posts
These are offroad vehicles why drag race on pavement. Hooking up is half the battle of drag racing. And it looks like all these videos all the driver does is dump the clutch these are multi plate clutches feather that thing and get it to hook. These things will be driver still dependent big time on how fast on and off the track they are.
If you want to know which one is faster then you put them on pavement so traction is not an issue. If you want to race in grass like this then the YXZ needs Maxxis Terra Cross or something of the sort to track up in that terrain, not Big Horns. The YXZ puts the power down faster and spins more so take these things with a grain of salt. Once you decide where you want to ride and you dial in the right tires it's a whole new ball game.

·
Registered
126 Posts
So offroad vehicles should only race on pavement???????
I never said that, but if you want to know which one is faster you need to have them hooking up equally other wise you're just pissing in the wind. He's blowing the tires off which are Big Horns on grass/hard pack, pretty silly to try and draw a conclusion from that.

·
Registered
633 Posts
But who the hell cares what car wins on pavement. How often are we gonna be on pavement. And ypu can't just be changing out tires on the fly unless you got a crew follow for tires and everything. This is showing how a stock one compares to other vehicles stock or modded. I don't spend my days at the drags with my offroad toy. I've been in and around racing my whole life race mx at the a class lvl, raced shifter karts then moved into time attack and door to door and now race 1400 with a buddy and now and have been in the import drag scene forever not with Hondas with supra and skylines. Not everyone brings the same tire to the same race with the same air pressure that's the whole thing to have a fast care you have to pick the right sett up when going off stock you can't say oh well if this changed no not if that changed.

·
Registered
138 Posts
--- Its not a 1st gear machine fellas-- It doesn't launch by any and all means outta first gear, and doesn't really start flying till 3rd.. 3rd gear is insane.. Drag races, at least short ones, aint gonna make any of you happy-- It'll blow by any stock 1k and Mav, but asking it to drag race turbo's is insane-- I will however say that in a rolling start... say second gear, you will beat a turbo to 60 mph..=)

·
Registered
126 Posts
But who the hell cares what car wins on pavement. How often are we gonna be on pavement. And ypu can't just be changing out tires on the fly unless you got a crew follow for tires and everything. This is showing how a stock one compares to other vehicles stock or modded. I don't spend my days at the drags with my offroad toy. I've been in and around racing my whole life race mx at the a class lvl, raced shifter karts then moved into time attack and door to door and now race 1400 with a buddy and now and have been in the import drag scene forever not with Hondas with supra and skylines. Not everyone brings the same tire to the same race with the same air pressure that's the whole thing to have a fast care you have to pick the right sett up when going off stock you can't say oh well if this changed no not if that changed.
No one said you need to bring different sets of tires, dont be ridiculous. But if we are talking which one is faster, I guarantee you the YXZ will be pulling more than it's share of holeshots in GNCC races and so on with the proper tires. Even racing these things in dirt would be better than that hard pack for the YXZ with those tires. This is a race machine, you need to dial it in for the application you're racing in. It's not a jack of all trades like the cars it was racing in this video, they don't put the power down like the YXZ so they don't spin like it does without proper traction.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I totally agree on that but most people haven't had a chance to. Hang much pn there toys yet. I alrdy have a pile of parts sitting at my shop waiting for it. I think the car will be a force once everyone learns what setup works for them. But most of these videos are show what they do out of the box which I don't know who leaves these stock

1 - 16 of 16 Posts