Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i pulled the trigger you guys i got my self a 2021 yxz 3 pedal.
this weekend will be my first ride in it .

any suggestions from you guys before going this weekend and trying her out for the first time.

i already ordered harness for it i should be getting them tomorrow hopefully i can install them before sat.

should i do something to the suspension as far as adjusting goes before i take it out or should i try it like that first all completely stock.

· Registered
150 Posts
I’m big on proper break-ins if it’s new, if not drive it like you stole it but don’t drive over your head.

If you are new to the off-roading world be very aware and read up on ohv safety and unwritten rules, don’t come around a blind corner on the wrong side use hand signals for on coming riders and have a great time.

as you get use to the car then start to do upgrades so you can feel the improvements. Safety first, shiny stuff later

you could confirm shock settings, tire pressures, oil level

· Registered
1,076 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and some sound advice from @Whatuhunit. Definitely agree with checking the shock settings so you know where things are set. They can be all over the map IME. Have a great time as you learn to use your new machine!!

Reactions: cesarortiz23

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m big on proper break-ins if it’s new, if not drive it like you stole it but don’t drive over your head.

If you are new to the off-roading world be very aware and read up on ohv safety and unwritten rules, don’t come around a blind corner on the wrong side use hand signals for on coming riders and have a great time.

as you get use to the car then start to do upgrades so you can feel the improvements. Safety first, shiny stuff later

you could confirm shock settings, tire pressures, oil level
thanks for the advice boss and im new to off raoding but am new to side by side world i had a raptor 700r before and a yfz450 before and also a jeep

but my first side by side im honestly the type to likes to have fun but come back home safe and sound i dont be doing crazy stunts thats why i dont even want to rock crawl or none of that just some nice trail riding whoops etc. when is safe give it a little juice to get some speed

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats on the new ride and some sound advice from @Whatuhunit. Definitely agree with checking the shock settings so you know where things are set. They can be all over the map IME. Have a great time as you learn to use your new machine!!
yeah ive read alot that the suspension isnt set up too well from factory so i guess ill just see how it rides on sat

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats on the new ride. I bought the same about 1 month ago. Been breaking it in easy…don’t over-rev. Bought Simpson seats, harnesses, tusk storage box and kemi-moto door bags.
Have fun and stay safe!
so about that the break in process should i just drive it obviously not redline the shit out of it
or should i like seriously baby it for the first few hours ive read people say just drive the thing lol so im so like idk what to do lol

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you guys so i have a few questions

so stock battery what can i install on the stock battery and alternator how much can it handle or do i need to look in to the second batter

so i want to add some lights for sure led bars some led pods and chase lights and eventually a sound system for sure!!...

for now ima add a 2 small led pod lights that are amber and maybe in a few weeks some speaker pods stereo system etc.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm local to Gorman, about 1hr out ... I'd join you but I'm committed to riding in El Centro this weekend to see a buddy race at the Monster Mash race. @cesarortiz23 where are you from SoCal?
yes im from pasadena to be exact im like 50 45 min from gorman with out traffic

and hey maybe next time we can meet up

· Registered
237 Posts
you guys so i have a few questions

so stock battery what can i install on the stock battery and alternator how much can it handle or do i need to look in to the second batter

so i want to add some lights for sure led bars some led pods and chase lights and eventually a sound system for sure!!...

for now ima add a 2 small led pod lights that are amber and maybe in a few weeks some speaker pods stereo system etc.
Congrats on the new ride. Yamaha's break in, in the manual is no more than 5300 rpm first ten hours with a 5-10 min cool down every hour. Then under 6300 rpm for the next 10 hours then give'r the beans.

My car has a 6 inch light bar in the hood and a 18 or 20 inch light bar on the roof that I run all the time at night. I also have 2, 4 inch square pods for reverse lights. I have the stock set up and do not have any issues with the battery. My buddy added speakers that play music through his phone with my same setup and he does not have any issues either.

Have fun!

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats on the new ride. Yamaha's break in, in the manual is no more than 5300 rpm first ten hours with a 5-10 min cool down every hour. Then under 6300 rpm for the next 10 hours then give'r the beans.

My car has a 6 inch light bar in the hood and a 18 or 20 inch light bar on the roof that I run all the time at night. I also have 2, 4 inch square pods for reverse lights. I have the stock set up and do not have any issues with the battery. My buddy added speakers that play music through his phone with my same setup and he does not have any issues either.

Have fun!
man ok thanks for the info hopefully i can take it easy then because i do get a little excited and going to want to go fast lol ..

so i see the break in period is crucial then

and thanks on the info on the battery yeah i already added two little pods but sooner or later add a huge light bar on the roof and then music system for sure

1 - 20 of 70 Posts