Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Look up the Stator capacity on the specs, it will tell you the amps or power you can pull total.

Anything more than a 2 speaker system you will want a alternator.

I think I'm at the limit myself. I have the double lumens buggy whip 4ft, 6 rock lights, 20" light bar, 2 pod lights and with the headlights on and everything at night I do see voltage drop after longer runs. But I usually don't run my headlights and light bars, it's either or. My lights turn night into day. Crisp clean white light high lumens 1/4 mile throw distance +

I periodically charge and check my battery for crank amps and storage and still everything is 100%

I have a buddy that has the Rockford Fosgate 2 pod system, no alternator.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yeah wheels in motion has the best deals in SoCal. I bought mine there and 4 other YXZ friends have bought there too. I dealt with Ricky which is now the service manager. Their service is great also. In and out and knowledgeable. They always have a GYTR Turbo kit on their shelf if you feel the need for speed 😈🤘🏼😎

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yeah wheels in motion has the best deals in SoCal. I bought mine there and 4 other YXZ friends have bought there too. I dealt with Ricky which is now the service manager. Their service is great also. In and out and knowledgeable. They always have a GYTR Turbo kit on their shelf if you feel the need for speed 😈🤘🏼😎
Agreed. They’ll definitely troll a sucker fish there but if you go in smart and ready to play they will cut a nice deal.
Was going to buy there but Simi beat it ONLY because I’ve been a loyal customer.
Bought a used “take off” GYTR gen 1 from WIM at a crazy discount. Best $$$ I could have spent.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
so you guys sat was a blast enjoyed the machine alot i adjusted the shocks felt pretty good honestly i was surprised everyone would talk horrible about it but i felt it pretty damm good tbh

any ways how can i make this machine sound better from the outside it sounds HORRIBLE i let my cousin drive it oh lord is embarrassing all you hear is air lol

any ways is there a way to like do some type of mod or muffler mod or ANYTHING lol to make it sound better inside the driving sounds really good but the outside sounds horrible lol.

i would want to do something that doesnt require tuning

i will eventually tune it but at this very moment i would like a temporary mod

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
If you mod your exhaust without a tune, you will run even leaner and that can lead to serious internal damage. Best to do both together. If not, tune first is safer, but won't change the sound.

Reactions: cesarortiz23

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
If you mod your exhaust without a tune, you will run even leaner and that can lead to serious internal damage. Best to do both together. If not, tune first is safer, but won't change the sound.
dammit then ill wait and do both lol

thing is i need to see what company ships there exhaust to california also do you guys know if the muffler slip ons come with spark arrestor??

i muffler slip on and tune and maybe intake spacer would be perfect for me i already felt the machine fast tbh

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,146 Posts
A tune won't make it sound better, but it will run better. If you want it to sound and run even better run a full exhaust and a tune.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Alba SBD and tune is favorable. Ship to a party outside CA. and have it forwarded.
so a tune can i ship it from here cali to them and have them send it to phx az.

or would i need to ship the ecu to phx and from phx to alba ????

or how would that work

is there an other option for us in california lol there is a power commander for sale here locally but idk if thats any good

thats what i had on my raptor 700 and it made that sucker rip

·
Registered
214 Posts

or how would that work

is there an other option for us in california lol there is a power commander for sale here locally but idk if thats any good

They will accept it from CA and ship to another state. And I think they really know what they’re doing when it comes to tuning. BUT, I got to thinking that you might be looking for loud?
If so, the SBD may be a bit tame. Perhaps others might chime in here….
They may have other options. Check their site.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts

or how would that work

I have always used Weller racing and sent my ecu to them direct for tune and rhey sent it back direct, and have to say that it made my 2016 run like it felt like it should from the factory. From the factory the spark plugs showed running lean, set up for smog and emissions in Cali. After tune runs like a 4 wheel dirt bike. Quick throttle response and gave me a much lower rpm power band where climbing mountain trails i can get down to 1500-2000 rpm and have instant throttle response and acceleration up hills. All stock gearing and now living in Mt. this thing is a blast and the most comfortable ride out of 5 vehicles.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I have always used Weller racing and sent my ecu to them direct for tune and rhey sent it back direct, and have to say that it made my 2016 run like it felt like it should from the factory. From the factory the spark plugs showed running lean, set up for smog and emissions in Cali. After tune runs like a 4 wheel dirt bike. Quick throttle response and gave me a much lower rpm power band where climbing mountain trails i can get down to 1500-2000 rpm and have instant throttle response and acceleration up hills. All stock gearing and now living in Mt. this thing is a blast and the most comfortable ride out of 5 vehicles.
im seeing that weller doesnt have any notes saying they will not ship to california

so maybe next month ill be giving them a shot

ill do a intake spacer and maybe the silencer removal and maybe add a spark arrestor for now and save up for a slip on

or if i have extra money ill do it all at once

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
im seeing that weller doesnt have any notes saying they will not ship to california

so maybe next month ill be giving them a shot

ill do a intake spacer and maybe the silencer removal and maybe add a spark arrestor for now and save up for a slip on

or if i have extra money ill do it all at once
Telling you i and others always dealt with Weller and no issues.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts