Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Agreed with should not remove spark arrestor as they are too lean from the factory. Just get it tumed first and you will be suprised at the performance improvement even with stock exhaust. I am still running stock exhaust and it rips nice with tune. Also mine seems to run better with stock spark arrestor and the back pressure, i have a 2” spark arrestor and just makes it louder but no performance improvement noted, larger full header exhaust would be next route for performance with tune.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,146 Posts
I wouldn't waste my time on a slip-on unless you just want nose and HP gains are not a priority. Most of the HP gains are in the header.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Personally I wouldn’t even remove the silencer without a tune. These are tuned super lean and you’ll just be leaning it out more…
The silencer is restrictive.
That advice is worth exactly what you paid for it 😉🤣
what do you guys think of the power commander v

there is one for sale here locally for pretty damm cheap is it worth it or just relax wait and get it flashed

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,146 Posts
Nothing wrong with the power commander. It won't get rid of the top-end governor or turn the cooling fans on earlier. These and being able to tune at home are the reason I went with the FTEcu flash tuner.

Reactions: cesarortiz23

·
Registered
429 Posts
power commander is not a reflash its just a fuel tuner
get your ecu reflashed and unleash all the hidden hp
weller tune and exhaust is great. or just the weller tune and really any other exhaust, just do some research
alba has a great following but there are a decent amount of people reporting the welds cracking on the collector and having packing blow out prematurely
the trinity is a decent option as well, you can get a slip on and feel a little extra power or the full and get everything a full exhaust has to offer but you keep in mind you cant get the slip on then upgrade the header later as they are not compatible with each other
the graves is also a great unit but for the price i believe the weller is probably the best available

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
you guys what tire pressure do you guys recommend on the stock wheels and tire on a 2021 big horn 29s no beedlocks

what tire pressure should i be running on regular loose dirt whoops and going up hills etc

no rock climbing or none of that im honestly always driving pretty quick with woops etc.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,146 Posts
I run 14 to 16 pounds.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,146 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
You don't need beadlocks to run 14 psi. You need beadlocks to run 5 psi. I run my tires fairly high,~18 psi, because I do not like having to change tires on the trail. That minimum pressure seems to minimize flats for me in the terrain I ride.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts