Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to purchase long travel suspension for my 2019 yxz. Haven’t seen any recent post on this subject, would like to know how the fireball long travel is holding up for those of you who posted comments years ago. My plan is to do some desert racing in Southern California. Will these hold up to the whoop abuse.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s good to know. One of the reasons I’m leaning towards fireball is the added wheel base. Other manufacturers don’t add to the wheel base because of cv angles and suspension geometry issues. Have you experienced any of this with the fireball.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I have fireball and went two yrs with no trouble . In December I finally broke both my rear axle in the dunes 2wd through the woops at 60mph . I think the second gears on the limiter starts and 15psi boost finish off the axles lol . As far as the long travel, I love it and it’s built well . I plan to order it for my second car because the car handles so well . Works awesome in the desert!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I have one and it’s held up fine for old fart trail riding. I hear they have made a big improvement by putting adjustable rod ends on rear upper arms . I need to have mine modified so it can be aligned right . Also make sure the kit comes with high clearance bushings for the front of the rear lower arms as the non high clearance bushings would bind before you reached full travel. I have heard they corrected that but just make sure. Overall I like the improvement the LT made to the car .

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would have sold you my heavy duty Cognito long travel, but now that I had the arms extended for the 6in stretched wb it won't work for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would have sold you my heavy duty Cognito long travel, but now that I had the arms extended for the 6in stretched wb it won't work for you.
How much did you extend the arms? Do you have any pics? I’ve been thinking about going long travel on my tubeworks conversion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m looking to purchase long travel suspension for my 2019 yxz. Haven’t seen any recent post on this subject, would like to know how the fireball long travel is holding up for those of you who posted comments years ago. My plan is to do some desert racing in Southern California. Will these hold up to the whoop abuse.
I have HCR long travel on mine with dual rate springs and 2.5 King Shocks. Check them out. I live in Baja Sur and drive this sucker all over every day. Down here suspension comes first. If I was riding dunes I would definitely go for boost, but here the roads are pure hell and you simply can't use the power unless you want to rebuild every few hours.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm running fireball long travel on my 19 with GYTR turbo. Absolutely love the kit. It took me a while to get the suspension where I want it and now I love it. I'm running Demon axles and I push it pretty hard in the dunes. I'm not a big jumper but I hit the whoops at 40plus mph all the time. My son drives it real hard too. Neither of us are easy on it. I upgraded the kit with the adjustable links and also the heavy duty steering kit. It's been flawless on a dozen big dunes trips. It will be going out the next two weekends to the dunes. Hit me up if you have any specific questions

1 - 9 of 9 Posts