Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally was able to see the new sxs of Yamaha. I was impressed. The fit and finish was first rate. The seating was comfortable with gobs of legroom. The factory doors even have an inside skin! It wasn't available to test or even hear it run, but it appears that Yamaha has raised the sxs bar! :).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Finally was able to see the new sxs of Yamaha. I was impressed. The fit and finish was first rate. The seating was comfortable with gobs of legroom. The factory doors even have an inside skin! It wasn't available to test or even hear it run, but it appears that Yamaha has raised the sxs bar! :).
They are indeed well made no rattles. Yes fit and finish are first rate. Even more impressive flying through the desert banging gears.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
welcome to the forum

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They just showed up here in Mn this week. Dealers are hanging tough at 22500 msrp. We'll have to see how that goes for them when 16 mav turbos are selling for $21000. Dealer told me the blue and orange ones are less but don't come with a roof or bead locks.

·
Registered
614 Posts
They just showed up here in Mn this week. Dealers are hanging tough at 22500 msrp. We'll have to see how that goes for them when 16 mav turbos are selling for $21000. Dealer told me the blue and orange ones are less but don't come with a roof or bead locks.
No roof? I haven't heard that, are you sure.

Edit: Dealer is wrong, Yamaha web sight says the top is standard

·
Registered
39 Posts
I live in wva. Paid 21,000 for it no prep got recluse front winsheild back sheild over fenders box and acc.plate all installed free. Final cost with tax was 23800 i think i could have got better deal but ive had it for about 4 weeks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just picked mine up and went to the desert this weekend. This thing hauls the mail!!! Was really impressed overall. Ran excellent,a 20 minute get used to it run goin up and down thru gears at speed.My breakin period was not possible due to excitement and the need to haul ass! The thing was a little out of control in 2 so ran most of the time in 4 and it was way better also hit some major bumps at speed and jammed my doors so they would hit when opened. Adjusted and fixed. My buddy slammed his into a ditch, came out of it but crinkled roll cage at passenger top right and forward at bend! Great weekend, great machine

·
Registered
103 Posts
Got to see one, demo and test drive one today. Wow - what an impressive machine. It drives like no other SXS out there (and I have driven Rhino/Teryx/RzR/WC and Mav and Turbo Mav). Feels more like a hi-powered desert buggy (a lot like a Baja Challege car actually). It is NOT a slow speed cruiser - it was designed to GO. Fit / finish was top notch. Clutch pedal is very light, engagement range is very small, stalled it a bunch of times at first. Power really comes on above mid range. Turbo Mav pulls harder, but does not have the torque pull feel. Shifting is about perfect. Brakes are better than any other SXS out there. Slow speed ride is a bit rough, smoothed out with speed. Dual rates and some tuning are in order. Seating position is good, seat are comfortable, cockpit well laid out. Overall highly impressed.

Been looking to upgrade my next race platform from a Mav XRS, been considering a SR1, but the YXZ is on the list.

·
Registered
589 Posts
My first clutch push. Bam to the floor!! I thought it sounded like I was about to push it through the floorboard. LOL It's very light. Like just the weight of your foot is more than enough to push it down. I'm just used to a supercharged GTO with a monster stage 3+ clutch.

·
Registered
103 Posts
SR1? What's that
Race vehicle built on a Rhino chassis with a R1 engine - 180hp, 2wd, long travel. Weller created the very popular race class.
Bad azzed fast race machine. Only down side is no 4wd, and here in the PNW we race on mud, silt, dust, rocks etc.

My first clutch push. Bam to the floor!! I thought it sounded like I was about to push it through the floorboard. LOL It's very light. Like just the weight of your foot is more than enough to push it down. I'm just used to a supercharged GTO with a monster stage 3+ clutch.
It's rather light and has a small engagement range. Wonder I'd that coupled with some heavy boots may be the reason for some clutch issues.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts