Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I did my first oil change since new. 19 yxz drained 3.75 qt manual says 2.75 put that back in . Would could not see on dip stick after running 10 to 15 min rechecking. Added one more qt now correct on dip stick.? Also is there a way to prime oil in engine before start up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Changed mine today, 3rd change on a 19, manual says add 2.75 than run it and recheck and add as needed to full. Mine took 3.5

·
Registered
126 Posts
Fill it and screw it on. It’s kinda at an angle so spills some. Does the trick though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your fast by the time I would get filter on . All the oil would spill out next oil change . I will Jack sxs up on RT side then try it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On I'm trans oil change in my manual it shows dip stick with threads? There is a bolt that prevents dip/filler stick. From falling out witch means no threads? Is this correct so no dip stick on top of trans? With bolt tight you can still turn dip stick
IMG_20200221_110000237.jpg

·
Registered
484 Posts
That is the trans screen, not the dipstick. You must remove passenger side tunnel cover to access the trans dipstick.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yes. It is very informative to see what is happening inside the tranny. I inspect and clean with every oil change. It is normal for the screen to turn with the bolt in place.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you the screen had very little metal chips in it. Trans oil was toast I also did copy post here. About cutting open hole to CK trans oil. Made a aluminum cover screwed over hole.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Sounds normal . I have often thought to just cut the hole too, but I just haven't because I really don't directly check trans oil regularly. I check seals visually before rides and look for any evidence of dripping trans fluid on the top of the skid plates. Besides minor seepage at rear output shaft seal, I have observed NO leakage on transmissions on either machine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Since we put lots of miles on our off road toys. I want to try to make it more easy to change trans oil. Good idea to change it with engine oil change

1 - 19 of 19 Posts