Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing is simply amazing!! It excites me to ride again. It was getting boring driving my cvt, this is interactive now and takes some skill. It handles like a dream and has tons of power. The clutch takes some work. It's different from what we know. I own 4 vehicles and 3 are sticks so I can drive a stick but this one took a little while to get used to. I love the suspension and it is meant to b pushed, the harder the better. I'm so glad I didn't buy the can am. No comparison, totally different rides. The can am is nice but I like this much better. It was a great choice, I live in PA and there is no terrain here I can't tackle, so not sure what others think but this will go anywhere I want it to!!!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
This thing is simply amazing!! It excites me to ride again. It was getting boring driving my cvt, this is interactive now and takes some skill. It handles like a dream and has tons of power. The clutch takes some work. It's different from what we know. I own 4 vehicles and 3 are sticks so I can drive a stick but this one took a little while to get used to. I love the suspension and it is meant to b pushed, the harder the better. I'm so glad I didn't buy the can am. No comparison, totally different rides. The can am is nice but I like this much better. It was a great choice, I live in PA and there is no terrain here I can't tackle, so not sure what others think but this will go anywhere I want it to!!!
Drove mine for the first time yesterday, and would have to totally agree with this!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I think he likes it better than the Can Am. My guess is the handling will be much better than the Mav. No body roll. From what I've heard and read, the suspension is stiffer but more prediction and gets better with speed. I rode in one yesterday and it was peppy and quick.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
How does it compare with the maverick in power and suspension?
Let's just say I have no desires to go back to Can Am! :) And that's not to say I didn't like my Can Am. The YXZ is in a different league in my opinion. The whole experience is very refined. Power is snappy, and at this stage I'm not revving over 6-7K rpm. It will be a beast revving to redline. I was so DONE with CVT's and belts. It's such a cool experience to have complete control over the shifting and the power characteristics. Got so tired of one RPM on the CVT's....this is a nice change and enhances the experience greatly. Coming from a motorcycle and sport quad background, this just seems so natural and right for me anyway. Suspension is much better than I anticipated. It is not brutal at slow speeds in my book, just very firm and taught. Definitely handles like a performance machine set up to run hard. Yes, the faster you drive this thing the better it gets. Absolutely goes where you point it, with excellent feedback and very confidence inspiring. It just begs you to hammer down. I love it!

The Maverick does not compare favorably in any category, IMO. (other than crawling, I'm sure, but I don't do a lot of that) I don't miss that thing at all.
For the "balls out" style of driving I like to do, this Yammy is going to be perfect. I'm confident of that.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I won't knock can am it even popo but I understand y Yamaha built this beast. It's totally different than any side by side. Hard to explain until u drive one. I was bored with cvt, I feel like kid with my first bike again. Suspension ya totally awesome for me, wife and daughter love it. Everyone should drive one!!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I used to ride a raptor 700 and loved it. Then moved into the SxS world. Started with a Teryx and had to build the crap out of it to get it where it was fun. Then I moved on to a Mav and love it. But I find myself wanting something more. I am hoping this YXZ will be it and understanding there will be a learning curve to get it to do what it is designed to do. I want this to be my final SxS so I may go with LT and then after the learning curve has settled in add a turbo. This should give me more than I will need.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I used to ride a raptor 700 and loved it. Then moved into the SxS world. Started with a Teryx and had to build the crap out of it to get it where it was fun. Then I moved on to a Mav and love it. But I find myself wanting something more. I am hoping this YXZ will be it and understanding there will be a learning curve to get it to do what it is designed to do. I want this to be my final SxS so I may go with LT and then after the learning curve has settled in add a turbo. This should give me more than I will need.
Do it, DD! You'll find the basic platform is closer to what you want than you think. Shouldn't take near as much effort to get there as with the Mav.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Do it, DD! You'll find the basic platform is closer to what you want than you think. Shouldn't take near as much effort to get there as with the Mav.
That's what I'm hoping for. Just some seat time and fun factor will go way up. Just waiting on the other colors to show up. Deposit already in so I will get the first B&W or Orange one that my dealer gets. I was all about the B&W but now thinking I might go with orange. Partly based on the upgrades I'm planning.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I used to race quads and shifter karts when I was younger. I recently moved to dirt bikes n been riding mx. This sxs has no comparison to anything I've ever driven. It's a car built for motocross enthusiast. If you want mud it can handle it but this is a SPORT machine. Hit jumps, whoops who? Want to drift ? This machine makes handling a joke. Uneven terrain is a treat in this thing. When you drive it you will know what we're talking about. Till then the rzr guys can keep hating.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very true, went riding again, and this thing keeps impressing, so solid flying and I mean flying around turns and over nasty terrain!! Loving it!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Great reviews and comparisons guys and congrats! It's making me giddy just thinking about getting my blue/white one in the next month or so hopefully!

·
Registered
126 Posts
This machine doesn't disappoint. It does require some skill though. I too found the cvt uninspiring and would become bored wanting to take many breaks. But the y I just drive...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts