Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this sxs sport, this is my first one so I don't have anything to compare it to. I must say I am very impressed . My friend and I came home with sore ribs from all the laughing that we did today! I raced motocross when I was a youngster and shifter karts in my 30s. This thing is just a blast to drive . I drove on a race track at prairie city OHV park. I could hit 70 mph down the straightaways and the faster it went the smoother it was. Over the jumps I expected to slam down hard and was surprised how the suspension just soaked up the jumps. I also took it to the 4x4 section of the park and although it's not a rock crawler ,it did impress me how well it would lug down. I have a rock crawler jeep that has lockers and 4to1 low range on 37" tires. This in its current form is not that. What I can best describe it as is a jeep with a standard 2to1 transfer case and a high crawl ratio. You can rock crawl , but it's done a lot faster. Needless to say I know I can hunt out of this thing next year and save my body from all the beating I get from driving my one ton truck off road. What a blast this is!!! I will probably install a rekluse clutch for next years hunt so I won't have to find neutral to get out in a hurry! Exracer2

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I love hearing these reviews and every one of them gets me more excited to get mine!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome to SxS's. You're getting in at a great time. For those of us that like to drive hard and fast the machines just keep getting better and better. Of course I would still like to see more power and more suspension though!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well for my first time out on the track I thought it had more then I could use. Give me six months and I am sure that will change lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts