Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry it's a long video, I haven't gotten a chance to edit it better than just music overlay. Go pro mount is broken so sound wasn't good.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cool vid, good music. Looks like a lot of washboard rutted out stuff keeping your internals shaken up. Does it feel like you are getting shaken up that bad or do you even notice?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love thing.
The whoops have been pretty bad lately, we don't feel it as much as you see it, naturally I never fully sit back when driving anything so that can add to the shaking.
It only has 7 hours on it, and I don't think the shocks are fully broken in, around 10-15 hours is when I'll start messing with the fine tuning.
I've never believed it untill making my own, but go pro videos really look slower than it actually is

·
Registered
589 Posts
They also show more movement than felt. Just look at any of the other video's where you can see the drivers. Doesn't matter if it's a Wildcat, Rzr, Maverick or YXZ. All of them look like they are bouncing around like crazy but the movements are actually not shocking at all.

Harness doesn't matter either go watch some of the races and the drivers are tossed around a lot on vid. It's relative camera movement to object movement. Like a helmet moving away and toward the camera.

Think of it like this.. The camera may be moving one way and helmet opposite direction showing twice the normal rate of movement.

·
Registered
59 Posts
They also show more movement than felt. Just look at any of the other video's where you can see the drivers. Doesn't matter if it's a Wildcat, Rzr, Maverick or YXZ. All of them look like they are bouncing around like crazy but the movements are actually not shocking at all.

Harness doesn't matter either go watch some of the races and the drivers are tossed around a lot on vid. It's relative camera movement to object movement. Like a helmet moving away and toward the camera.

Think of it like this.. The camera may be moving one way and helmet opposite direction showing twice the normal rate of movement.
Thanks for explaining this. Good to know!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I love thing.
The whoops have been pretty bad lately, we don't feel it as much as you see it, naturally I never fully sit back when driving anything so that can add to the shaking.
It only has 7 hours on it, and I don't think the shocks are fully broken in, around 10-15 hours is when I'll start messing with the fine tuning.
I've never believed it untill making my own, but go pro videos really look slower than it actually is
Yeah, go pro videos definitely look slower, and stuff looks a lot further away than it really is.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And the camera was shaking a bit, I was using a stickey mount with half the locking mechanism broken, so it was clacking and moving a bit.
I will be buying a roll bar mount so it'll be sitting higher and giving a better view of whats actually in front of us.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanks for posting and great tunes looks like Pismo needs some wind repairs on the dunes.... lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the video but....

For crying out loud! I don't want to hear music! Most of us don't know much about the YXZ in the real world and hearing the motor is critical!! If we wanted music we would open another tab and play music. I want to hear how it sounds....is the suspension noisy? Is the engine bogging? Having the real audio is much better than adding music.

Not trying to be negative, but so many people completely ruin otherwise good videos by putting music over the real sounds.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not trying to be negative, but so many people completely ruin otherwise good videos by putting music over the real sounds.
My go pro mount was broken, so the mount itself was clacking alot, I slipped a strap around the back of the go pro and tired it off so the wind was flapping that around. The actual sound quality of the video was poor.
Plus when stopped me and my dad said things that I'd rather not have posted on the internet. Im not sure how to crop out a middle section of a video, this was my first video edit.

I'm going out again in the morning and will try to post a short video with good audio.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My go pro mount was broken, so the mount itself was clacking alot, I slipped a strap around the back of the go pro and tired it off so the wind was flapping that around. The actual sound quality of the video was poor.
Plus when stopped me and my dad said things that I'd rather not have posted on the internet. Im not sure how to crop out a middle section of a video, this was my first video edit.

I'm going out again in the morning and will try to post a short video with good audio.
thanks..............

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the video but....

For crying out loud! I don't want to hear music! Most of us don't know much about the YXZ in the real world and hearing the motor is critical!! If we wanted music we would open another tab and play music. I want to hear how it sounds....is the suspension noisy? Is the engine bogging? Having the real audio is much better than adding music.

Not trying to be negative, but so many people completely ruin otherwise good videos by putting music over the real sounds.[/QUO

turn off the music if you can....then we can hear the car and motor rpms etc.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post. I hear you on the video edits. A good edit can take longer than the actual video :(

Those of us still waiting may whine a bit but we're still jealous you're out playing while we are stuck at home typing.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what dealer did you get your yxz at? where you running paddles? If so which did u choose?
I got it from central coast yamaha in Santa maria. I wouldn't recommend anyone else going there tho.
No paddles, just aired down to 8 psi and was in 4.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts