Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 SS SE, full Graves system and Graves flash, insert/arrester and smog block off plates
On ride this weekend, temp constantly moved from 191F to 207F the entire ride, up and down. It did not matter if I held same RPM or was going slow/fast…the temp would go up to 207 or so and immediately start working it’s way back down to 191F or so, then immediately working back up to the 207F, each fluctuation range took approx. 10 or 15 sec. The outdoor temp was low 60s. I didn’t follow temperature first few rides so I don’t have anything to make a comparison to. Also, I didn’t notice fan running that much
Is the constant fluctuation in this temp range normal?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes it’s normal . The fan is cooling it and lowering the temp. It doesn’t kick on till probably 107 then back off 197 so it will cycle like that.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My DASA flash kicks the fan on at 190 and back off at 180. Never runs very long.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yep. Love my Weller reflash
What’s the weller lower the kick on to? I had stuck a switch on mine before I got my tune. But now that I have a heater installed I’m keeping the switch so I can keep the temps around 200. But since my radiator is in the back and the heater is in the front just regular trail cruising the temps never get about 215. Guess the added coolent and flow helps out a bunch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts