Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post here. I recently threw a rod on my 2019 yxz. I’ve got the agency power supercharger kit on it and after completing an engine refresh that included some poor decisions destroyed the block in a couple of hours.
I’ve ordered a replacement crankcase and am going to begin building the new engine. Is it possible to run ~5 psi of boost on Carrillo forged rods and pistons with 12.5 compression? I also plan on running a upgraded arp studs all the way around, upgrade the valve train and switch to a stage 2 cam. If I need to run straight race fuel to prevent detonation and an intercooler for the blower I’m not against that.
I appreciate the help in advance greatly!!!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Hey guys, first post here. I recently threw a rod on my 2019 yxz. I’ve got the agency power supercharger kit on it and after completing an engine refresh that included some poor decisions destroyed the block in a couple of hours.
I’ve ordered a replacement crankcase and am going to begin building the new engine. Is it possible to run ~5 psi of boost on Carrillo forged rods and pistons with 12.5 compression? I also plan on running a upgraded arp studs all the way around, upgrade the valve train and switch to a stage 2 cam. If I need to run straight race fuel to prevent detonation and an intercooler for the blower I’m not against that.
I appreciate the help in advance greatly!!!
It’s all in your tune . Your gonna need someone who can take timing out of the engine to get it where it won’t detonate .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts