Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some ideas on how I can attempt to pull/straighten the crossmember that runs right under the transmission. I managed to bend mine upward some and it is all but touching the bottom of the transmission. I was thinking maybe a slide hammer but don鈥檛 know if that would be powerful enough. I attached some photos, let me know if you have any good ******* ingenuity ideas. 馃槅
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Super Moderator
2018 YXZ SE, CageWRX cage, 2019 Gears, Rekluse Clutch, Heavyweight Flywheel, RR Intercom & Radio
I'd grab a straight bar, space it down off the frame an inch or so and use several large C-Clamps to slowly draw it back down into alignment. Slow and easy so as to not go too far with it

Nate

Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
^What he said^. I doesn't look bent that bad, if its not interfering with anything id run it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your responses everyone. My concern is that the upper part of that crossmember is ridiculously close to the transmission case. I mean unless they are that close from factory but I find that hard to believe. I just got this YXZ last fall and only have done one transmission oil change so far but I don鈥檛 recall if it was like that when I had the underbelly shield off the first time. I cleaned up the area and took some better photos. Let me know your thoughts.

@leadmic
@RealtreeYXZ
@WWARt

Super Moderator
2018 YXZ SE, CageWRX cage, 2019 Gears, Rekluse Clutch, Heavyweight Flywheel, RR Intercom & Radio
^What They Said^. Unless you're OCD I'd cover it up with a skid plate and pretend I never saw it.

Nate

Registered
It looks close but I'm still struggling to see the bend or an impact? I was just under mine two weeks ago to change oil but didn't pay attention to the clearance there but I know it's close. If I get a minute this weekend I'll crawl under mine and take a look.

Registered
You should see my crossmembers. Just fitted a factory utv skid. Get a torch and heat it up. But it doesn't look bent to me at all.

Registered
You should see my crossmembers. Just fitted a factory utv skid. Get a torch and heat it up. But it doesn't look bent to me at all.
My 2019 SE's OE skid plate didn't take what I was tossing at it either, I know the rear crossmember is now exposed and took some beating but almost afraid to look too closely at this stuff lol. Wish Yamaha designed the leading edge a bit differently, guess they suppose the skid plate is going to be there and always 100% effective. Thinking about the Factory UTV skid myself and wish I'd done one from day 1.

Registered
It would have saved my frame if I installed it off the bat.
My lower control arm mounts cracked at the welds. I welded in the Teixeira tech brace and it's been good since.
Adding the FUTV skids just help everything out.

Premium Member
My 2019 SE's OE skid plate didn't take what I was tossing at it either, I know the rear crossmember is now exposed and took some beating but almost afraid to look too closely at this stuff lol. Wish Yamaha designed the leading edge a bit differently, guess they suppose the skid plate is going to be there and always 100% effective. Thinking about the Factory UTV skid myself and wish I'd done one from day 1.
Yes, this same for me. Front and rear skid didnt make it thru the Hatfield Mccoy trip last year. I mounted the 3/8 Factory UTV skids 2 weeks later before heading out for next ride.

Registered
Looks pretty reasonable to me. Don't lose sight of the fact that it has to be supported if you need to break the cage loose for repairs.. everything will go twang! and you'll really have trouble getting everything back together.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts